Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lighting wasn't great, but here's some pics before & after of our Amazon RTL (before & after accessories). Added just about everything but the hitch & tonneau cover. Put the wheels on the list only after seeing them on another (red) RL on the dealer's lot. We're lovin' it.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice looking truck. Thanks for posting the pics.

The chrome wheels look great with the green (great color choice by the way:D ).

L

·
0 Posts
WOW..what a difference when the two are next to each other.
Sweet truck. Thanks for the pics!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks great, but your RL seems to have an identity crisis. Did you buy it from Norm Reeves or Hoehn in Carlsbad?

All of the vehicles listed in my signature below were purchased at Hoehn. Great dealer, great service.

L

·
0 Posts
EBone said:
Looks great, but your RL seems to have an identity crisis. Did you buy it from Norm Reeves or Hoehn in Carlsbad?

All of the vehicles listed in my signature below were purchased at Hoehn. Great dealer, great service.
Hey..E....I think you missed something in his post buddy!! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Quite a transformation! SWEET!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks great and I see you got the BEST color. :D

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EBone said:

Ebone, You've probably already looked back at my original post, given LadyRidge's prompt. But, yeah - I bought it from Norm Reeves in Temecula ...best price anywhere for two vehicles by a good margin (got an S2000 with the Ridge), but they are about 50 miles away . . . and Hoehn is a great dealer - great people, great knowledge, great service (just couldn't come close to the sales price). So I got all of my accessories from them (they were able to match best accessories prices - even matched on-line prices for parts not installed), and I get all of my service done there (only about 5 miles from home). The least I could do was give them some free advertising for a few months. . . after all, the accesssorized version is a "Hoehn" product. So far we've been really happy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice pictures, these are better than the ones you posted in the other thread (although I know they are essentially the same pictures, it looks like you changed them again before posting there). This also explains the font plate information. I didn't know that Norm Reeves was in Temecula, that is interesting to know because I will be flying out to the Ontario airport in December and I worked with someone at Norm Reeves about buying a California Hybrid and having it shipped to MA (they have a better warranty and they have better emissions ratings). It never worked out because all the vehicles they had on the floor were the older version and had the shorter warranty and same emissions ratings. I wonder if Norm Reeves is one of those giant state wide type dealership with multiple locations though.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Wow capt. Our machine shop is about a 10min. drive from the Ontario airport! Wish we could be there to meet you and have lunch but we are going to Chicago in December. Maybe next time....:)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
captmiddy said:
I didn't know that Norm Reeves was in Temecula, that is interesting to know because I will be flying out to the Ontario airport in December and I worked with someone at Norm Reeves about buying a California Hybrid and having it shipped to MA (they have a better warranty and they have better emissions ratings). It never worked out because all the vehicles they had on the floor were the older version and had the shorter warranty and same emissions ratings. I wonder if Norm Reeves is one of those giant state wide type dealership with multiple locations though.
Yes, Norm Reeves is part of one of those big corporate groups, and they do get cars from other sites. My Ridgeline came in as part of their own stock at Temecula, but I also wanted a particular S2000 that they did not have in inventory there in Temecula (I wanted the Red interior trim) . . . so they just brought one in from Victorville (about 70 miles away). I don't know if they traded stock or if they just have another corporate dealer out there. Didn't matter to me as long as they got my car. Give 'em a call if you want. The internet manager's name there is Richard Dickens - he'll work hard to make a deal for you - is real proud of never losin' out to "the other guys". His numbers are at this site: http://hondanormreeves.com/

Norm Reeves was a big name dealer (multiple brands, multiple stores) in So Cal by themselves, but now (since '04) they're part of "DCH group", which has 32 dealers in So Cal, NY, and NJ.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Oh I still have emails from the Internet sales guy from 2 and a half years ago, they tried very hard to work with me but unfortunately couldn't get me the car I wanted before I wanted to trade in my wife's car. They felt it was going to be another 6 months or so before their inventory turned over and they had the new model and I wasn't so attached to the minor differences that I wanted to continue to have to fill up the tank once a week for the following 6 months. We now fill up once every 2 to 3 weeks, the differences for the CA hybrid wouldn't have improved that it was just a better environmental rating.

5S Dude: definitely next time we are out that way. Apparently that is the airport we will be using from now on. Never used it before, we always flew into SD but my wife's parents moved up to Riverside county so going down to SD to pick us up doesn't make sense anymore. In fact my sister-in-law works in Temecula.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts