Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Car and Driver:
at 70mph, it registers 66 dB.
That is quieter than the Acura TSX, Audi A4, Acura TL, Audi A6, BMW 5 series (the new one) to name a few...

That's pretty good company.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sweet!!!! :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do both of you whisters have roof racks? Mine is quiet, even with the moon roof open. It's a newer 5298xx one. I wonder if they changed something, or the source is the roof rack?

·
Registered
460 Posts
no rack or moonroof.............gap in windshield seal. afraid to take to dealer because when i spoke to them about it they immediately mentioned they used a good glass company..................i really don't want to replace it if i don't have to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
jeffiam said:
no rack or moonroof.............gap in windshield seal. afraid to take to dealer because when i spoke to them about it they immediately mentioned they used a good glass company..................i really don't want to replace it if i don't have to.
Well as long as your carpets aren't getting wet in the car washes, or rains, then whistle on..
I think I heard saw in a thread that they started sealing windsheilds differently around vehicle 15000. Good luck, consider the whistle an free option. :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Heck I still don't know if I have wind noise. I can't seem to get the volume down below 24!! Ridgena likes the tunes I play her...it makes her ROC!! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree, it's quiet!
I found a decibel meter at work and went for a ride. Here's what I found.

MPH db
40------63
50------65
60------67
70------70
80------71
Stereo at my normal volume set at about 30-------96db :eek:

I'm sure there are many variables to the test such as wind speed/direction, surface composition, location and calibration of db meter, etc. The test was done with the meter on the center console armrest and my hand on the visor to keep it quiet. :rolleyes:

OMG, I just realized it's Sat. night and this is what I'm doing. :eek:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's ok... I just got back from out night Auto-X and on the way home, I was thinking about this post... I was thinking that road surface could have an impact on the test results.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Biker said:
Stereo at my normal volume set at about 30-------96db :eek:
:eek: is right... Mine is usually in the 10-15 range. Of course it could depend on the XM channel since they are all over the place volume-wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts