Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Green Mountain State! Yesterday I traded in my 2010 Honda Element for a new 2017 Honda Ridgline RTL. I spend many months deliberating a suitable replacement and I can confidently say I'm very happy with my decision. I'm still a little sad about the Element as I had 7 fond years with her, but it was time to move on. I'm surely going to miss the car camping my Element allowed me, but I'm excited to be able to tow a boat now.

I have 2 general questions for RL owners out there. The first is pretty specific to dog owners, especially those with multiple dogs. I currently have a dog hammock in the back of my RL, but I'm in new owner mode and I'm worried about my pups marking up my doors. To help with this I've folded the seats up and I'm using the hammock still attached to the front seats to form a barrier, but the rest of the hammock now just covers the floor. I use seat belt harnesses which still clip in even with the seats up but the dogs can still reach the doors. I'm thinking of purchasing this: https://tinyurl.com/l2hf5fk. Anyone else have any suggestions or input on how they travel with dogs?

My second question is regarding truck racks for the RL. I frequently have need for a rack when I'm transporting a canoe or paddleboards or such. Does anyone have any preferences/experience/recommendations for a quality truck rack?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

- Erik

PS

If anyone has any tips for uploading photos without them flipping upside-down I could use some help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Congrats on Your New G2 RL.

With a Picture No Less...

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

My only suggestion is to convert the images to a .PNG file, that seems to help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I loved my Element and would buy a new one in a minute if they would only make it again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Fellow dog owner here, but what dogs do to an interior is all dependent on how big they are. Ours aren't big (22 and 33 lbs), and don't ride in the truck too often. When they do, I just put blankets/towels down on the seats to make sure they mark them up. As for the doors, they aren't heavy enough to mark 'em too badly. I just make sure I wipe 'em down regularly. Seems to work well so far.

I don't canoe, so I can't help you w/ the other question... sorry.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome & congrats on your new truck. I bought a seat cover that hangs from the front & rear headrests (makes a big u-shape) then use door covers from Orvis. Not a perfect arrangement but it works well enough for me. There are a couple of threads on the site about carrying a canoe or kayak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ever since I have owned a canoe, I have always carried it over my Ridgeline using 12-foot straps with cam buckles. But my neighbor who also owns a canoe recommends me to use a shipping company in order to transport the canoe. He keeps on saying about this and always warns me by saying that carrying a canoe over the truck will bring wear and tear due to friction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts