Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just bought my white RT yesterday. Very impressed so far! I was wondering if anyone has looked into what might be required to get the outside temp display to function on an RT? It really is the only feature I wanted from the RTS, but could not justify the cost between the two models.
Thanks n advance!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Excellent choice, cnj .... and welcome.
I just got my WHITE RT less than 2 weeks ago.

Good question on the outside temp, that would be nice.

One of the items I wanted but had to give up with the RT is heated mirrors. Anyone know an after-market solution for this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
This requires more information than the service manuals provide. I think your best (and cheapest) option is to get an aftermarket product. My guess is that the programming for the gauge themselves are different, and would require replacement in order to make that happen. The gauges are quite intelligent -- there are a lot of electronics in there -- and this would be quite expensive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey it was worth a shot.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cnj said:
Hi all. Just bought my white RT yesterday. Very impressed so far! I was wondering if anyone has looked into what might be required to get the outside temp display to function on an RT? It really is the only feature I wanted from the RTS, but could not justify the cost between the two models.
Thanks n advance!
The RT has a temp gauge but it only feeds signal to the climate control panel and the other end grounds to the body. On the other models both ends feed the climate control and the climate control than feeds the ground signal to the odometer system area. I would have to say that the B-Can, L-can or H-can system controls the temp feed to the odometer. It is just one of those "why's" that Honda does that makes you have to think. I'll look deeper into it and figure somthing out. I think you might have to go aftermarket because the Accord has the optional Accesory and it involves a new control unit.

Brent

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Honda Master. If you do look into it further, please let me know if it appears to be a relatively easy mod.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Honda Master, did you ever revisit this subject? Could the moduole for the Accord work on the Ridgeline?
Don't hold your breath. He hasn't posted since 2005. Maybe other member has info for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts