Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand there is a roof rack for over the cab, but is there one available for over the cargo bed? Often I need to carry very long objects like tall ladders. I do not think it would be possible with only the short roof rack provided. any thoughts, suggestions or knowledge of such a product?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I was looking for a removable rack or was considering making one. I found the Hitch-Hand http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11072&postcount=1 and bought one. It serves my purposes very well for occasionally carrying long items like ladders and building materials. Others have purchased them as well and have posted some pretty amazing things being carried in the Ridgeline. I do recommend the magnetic lights for it that are shown in the thread. I am concerned that Polly Ponytail would run into it after being distracted while talking on her cell phone, smoking a cigarette, applying Rockey Raccoon Magic Marker eye shadow makeup, balancing a large diet Mountain dew between her knees, snacking on a Ding Dong that she is holding in her other hand, all the while searching for the lost CD on the floor while she is on an emergency run to WalMart for a pair of fashion flip-flops that she just cant do without for another minute. I don't want to take any chance that the attorney for her insurance company would say that it was somehow my fault because it was not visible enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe that the Thule in-bed rack that Woodminr mentioned, fastens to a "regular" pickup by havong a foot that goes in the stake pockets.

Now RL's just don't have stake pockets, BUT ....

In the middle of the bed sidewall, close to the top, there's a Torx-headed screw. Take that out, slip a proper-length bar in that srew, replace the screw, and you have an in-bed rack fix, possibly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I too would like to find a truck bed rack like the Thule system and looked for one last fall to carry three kayaks. I had to settle on the Thule "Goal Post Hitch" as none were available for Ridgline.

I'm still interested in the truck bed rack as the goal post can't be left on the truck and prevents gate from swinging or opening.

I tried several manufacturers like TruckRack with no success. Still looking though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If yoi look at this: #421 or #422 Thule XSporter Pickup Truck Bed Racks, you'll see whay I meant.

This rack system clamps to the pickup rail; which an RL doesn't have.

I'd like to have half of this XSporter Rack, weld on a bar to bolt onto that center side screw, and use it together with the OEM roofrack.

·
Registered
319 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts