Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. How many of you actually READ the manual from cover to cover? Before I bought the truck I saw posts asking questions that I found were adressed in the manual in some detail.

One REALLY COOL feature I discovered in the manual was the fact that I could customize how the auto door lock/open feature works:
  • No auto lock/open
  • Auto lock/open after 9mph
  • auto lock/open upon shifting out of Park

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I sat in the dealership showroom Ridgeline demo and read the manual cover to cover before I even test drove the Ridgeline. But I am a geek - what can I say.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Three times.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
"Hello Service? This is JC" :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bet this sounds stupid...have three (3) Owner's Manuals for the Ridgeline...one in the vehicle (the "new" revised version), one in my "workshop" manuals place in the garage and one in my toolbox at work (used as a reference when I got a question sometimes). ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't read every section of the owners manual. I can figure out most of it. Like how to turn on your windshield wipers and head lights. I read the section on how to set your garage door opener and other new and unusual features. I also read the section on towing and the capabiltiy of towing. :D

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
lotisb said:
Just curious. How many of you actually READ the manual from cover to cover? Before I bought the truck I saw posts asking questions that I found were adressed in the manual in some detail.

One REALLY COOL feature I discovered in the manual was the fact that I could customize how the auto door lock/open feature works:
  • No auto lock/open
  • Auto lock/open after 9mph
  • auto lock/open upon shifting out of Park
Funny that you posted the perfect example of how the manual can mislead you. Unless you have the very latest version of the manual (probably don't) the features you posted about don't work the way the manual explains.

You can't get the Ridgeline to automatically unlock any damned door but the drivers door. What a stupid, ignorant, TERRIBLE oversight by Honda.

I wonder who the genius was at Honda who said, "hey wouldn't it be cool to automatically LOCK all the doors, but only UNLOCK the drivers door?". Then there had to be another genius sitting there that said, "that's a great idea, but we'll tell all the dealers and even print the manual to say that it can be programmed to unlock all the doors".

I think this must be the same person that programmed the power window lockout button to work completely backward of any logic and reason.

Sorry to rant, but you hit one of my hot buttons. Proves that Honda has their share of fools working for them too.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
csimo said:
You can't get the Ridgeline to automatically unlock any damned door but the drivers door. What a stupid, ignorant, TERRIBLE oversight by Honda...
I think this must be the same person that programmed the power window lockout button to work completely backward of any logic and reason...

Exactly my feelings too. I just can't fathom no testers complained of this on the mules or the press during their intros. Perhaps they did though and Honda thought they new better, reminds me of German engineering.

·
Registered
311 Posts
SSquire said:
Second that.
I did too; however, I find that I tend to zone out once I get twenty or thirty pages into it per reading. I tend to skim through things and then refer back to the manual once the need arises. Also in response to another post in this thread, I found the auto-lock modes in the manual as well and was stoked. That auto-lock/unlock "feature" was annoying the heck out of me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I second that about the German enginering. My 3 series locks at 5 mph but does not unlock when you put it in park. One nice thing, over 147K on it and it still runs and feel like the day I drove it off of the lot. I have read my manual twice so far. I am on the pace of once per week......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts