Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New owner, same story with regard to some light water stains. Been using the search and started looking for a solution. I found this Turtle Wax cleaner online. Check out the "From Fans Like You" video on the bottom right. Anyone tried this sucker with their seat stains? I am going to give this thing a shot and then do the Scotch Guard if it works!

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-Oxy%20Power%20Out%20Upholstery%20Cleaner-43-57.aspx

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes I used it. I would suggest that you just let it sit for about 2-3 mins WITHOUT scrubbing as directed. I had a severe coffee stain and tried repeatedly to remove it as directed and it never totally came clean. What I ended up doing was letting it foam the stain it up until you could see the foam take on the color of coffee...then blot it up. The stain never came out completely, but it was much better than before (even after it was professionally detailed). Obviously it has to be done a few more times, but looks better than when I started.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I tried it too-- stained my center armrest worse. From a stain standpoint I hate the interior of this truck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm seriously considering some professional upholstery repair/replacement in upgrading the center sections of the seats with a different kind of fabric insert for the same reasons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually tried it and it worked pretty well. I did the ScotchGuard 3 times. My seats are exactly like the ones below (Not my Truck) so they don't look bad like the other seats posted above. I guess I was lucky to get the dark interior.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm seriously considering some professional upholstery repair/replacement in upgrading the center sections of the seats with a different kind of fabric insert for the same reasons.
I'm considering the same thing, maybe inserting the seats in black vinyl, giving them a tu-tone look. Only had mine 2 days, it had the seat spots in it at the honda dealer, guess they couldn't remove them, 09 only had 14k miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used the Turtlewax Oxy upholstery cleaner this weekend. I really didn't have much in the way of stains - just wanted to do a general upholstery clean. I had a number of spots afterward - looks like crap.

The fabric on the RL seats, door and center console armrests is a disaster to keep clean. Every kind of stain or liquid leaves a mark and then is very tough to remove. The fabric on the armrests isn't wearing well either. Really wish I had leather in this thing just to avoid that kind of cleaning hassle that this cloth presents.

I do note that in the past, I have been able to remove spots/stains with Lifter 1 where other cleaners would fail. That stuff is for spot removal only - has a pretty strong chemical smell and is not designed for general upholstery. But for carpet/seat fabric stains, it's the best I've found over the years. If you can use it prior to another less effective cleaner, it will work even better. It gets out some crazy stains.

Usually the oxy stuff of any brand is pretty good, but I need to find something that won't leave the spots on the seats to use as a general overall cleaner. I'll try another brand and report back.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
I've done mine with Oxy Magic by Armour All. Worked for me but was not stained too bad. If I was planning on keeping my Rl for a long time, I would seriously consider after market leather seat kits. Or maybe the Clazzio seat covers. I've seen aftermarket leather seat kits that look better quality than OEM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is what I used as well for a few 'minor' stains on my RL and it seemed to work just fine. The stains were nothing too bad, but for the maintenance cleaning, it worked like it should.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My son spilled a coke in his seat. I was really worried after seeing this thread. I used some water and a shop vac. I had no stains after all was said and done. I used that shop vac until everything was dry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done mine with Oxy Magic Carpet cleaning brisbane by Armour All. Worked for me but was not stained too bad. If I was planning on keeping my Rl for a long time, I would seriously consider after market leather seat kits. Or maybe the Clazzio seat covers. I've seen aftermarket Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast leather seat kits that look better quality than OEM.
Hello a simple question for you guys. Can this oxy magic can be used to clean carpets. I am looking for effective DIY carpet cleaning methods or solutions. Need help..

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
Hello a simple question for you guys. Can this oxy magic can be used to clean carpets. I am looking for effective DIY carpet cleaning methods or solutions. Need help..
I have used it on my carpets too and worked fine. I believe any solution with oxy in it have similar result. If stain is too severe, I mix my own oxy solution. I use the real oxy clean powder that one would use for laundry. Look at the mixing formula of powder to water. I find that when mixed with hottest water coming out of your tap as possible had better results. Put this in a good spray bottle and spay on affected area and let soak for 30 sec, then scrub with good scrub brush then wipe dry with clean cloth. This is an old trick some detailing shops use on stubborn stains. Worked great for me when the need was there.

J

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wait til a hot day and start around noon. Use dishwashing soap in hot water and about 5 clothes. I used the soap water first to scrub then go through with a fresh cloth with just warm water to clean up the soapy water. After its all said and done, you could leave your window down depending on your neighborhood crime rate lol. That way the water can get out when it evaporates. Time consuming but it's worked pretty good so far. I do it about twice a year

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've given up on trying to clean my interior. The light tan cloth is impossible to clean, and impossible to remove stains from. I am saving up for a set of seat covers (clazzio) and carpet. I am also going to replace the headliner (local shop will make a custom one any color for $200) and replace the tan (warm grey) plastic OEM dark grey. The interior is the only thing about this truck that I absolutely HATE. Honda really screwed the pooch with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah I think its good enough to clean you seats because it clean the hardest stains, i use that powder on my carpet, but I have not a good experience with that, it fade the color of that area on the carpet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts