Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new thread to attract answers from the techs with experience on this fix. The old thread is "upper O2 sensor help," and with it the mystery of how to unhook the electrical plugs was learned.

Now I'm trying to figure what trick must a mechanic do to get the upper rear sensor off. It's tough enough in front of the engine, but the upper rear may as well be on the far side of the moon. Do yo have to take the intake plenum off?
-maybe you can take the cowl from above off?

Any help much appreciated!

Best always,

Bluemill

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,340 Posts
I plan on adjusting my valve clearances shortly. When I have the intake, etc off I plan on doing the rear upper sensor. It will be much easier to access. . .

If you don't do all that then it is most certainly going to be a difficult, laying over the engine, doing things by feel kind of job. There is a connector bracket that can be removed which should help getting the sensor unclipped from the bracket and then pulled apart. The connector might prove to be more trouble than removing the sensor itself. When I checked it out last year, there was no way I could find to do it reaching up from below. Basically it is a royal PIA! Have fun and let us know if you figure out anything brilliant!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts