Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Ridgeline 206,000.miles parking light P trans position indicates stays on all the time. Turn key off and it stays on. I took it to Honda they charged me $500. Said it was instrument cluster, found used on eBay replaced it and the same thing happens. P will not turn off. Replaced transmission selectee switch no help.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,983 Posts
That's a weird one. My guess would be either a faulty ignition switch or MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - aka "interior relay box" aka "body control module") that is sending out data keeping the GCM (Gauge Control Module - aka "instrument cluster") awake.

I haven't owned a 1G Ridgeline in several years, but doesn't the gear position indicator illuminate when the ignition is in the "accessory" position?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the “P” comes on in any ignition position. I have noticed the p light goes out for short time after the battery has been disconnected then comes back on. I ran a continuity test on ignition switch and it checked good. The delay after the battery reconnected makes me think it’s a signal being sent.

·
Administrator
14,983 Posts
Do you by any chance have a honda part number for body control module?
RT 38200-SJC-A02
RTS, RTL 38200-SJC-A12

Diagnosing this problem may require a call to Honda Tech Line by a Honda dealer to avoid throwing parts at it. Not sure if the dealer who replaced the cluster did so based on their own diagnosis or by instruction of Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RT 38200-SJC-A02
RTS, RTL 38200-SJC-A12

Diagnosing this problem may require a call to Honda Tech Line by a Honda dealer to avoid throwing parts at it. Not sure if the dealer who replaced the cluster did so based on their own diagnosis or by instruction of Honda.
I had a scan run on the truck and it came up code B1275 B1276 B1278 all headlight switch related, I am going to replace headlight switch and I will let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks for your feed back.

·
Administrator
14,983 Posts
I had a scan run on the truck and it came up code B1275 B1276 B1278 all headlight switch related, I am going to replace headlight switch and I will let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks for your feed back.
One of the possible causes of all three of those codes is a faulty MICU. If throwing a headlight switch doesn't fix it, you might throw an MICU at it next. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have one ordered from our last discussion haven’t received it yet. Amazon had it listed with free return. So I ordered it. If this doesn’t fix the problem I’ll replace it.
Thanks

·
Administrator
14,983 Posts
Update on parking light staying on all the time. It was the speedo cluster. Bought new cluster replaced it and problem solved.
Thanks for your feed back
Interesting. So, both your original cluster AND a used cluster from eBay resulted in the same thing? What are the chances! Glad a new cluster solved your problem. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that was bad information from my son. He had installed the used cluster and told me it was the same thing. That wasn’t correct, the used cluster was pure junk and did not have the same symptoms as the OEM. After I installed the used cluster I discovered it had many problems but one of them was not the gear selectee lights. This was a unusual problem and left several professional mechanics scratching their head. Glad it’s fixed. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts