Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some tech help. I have 2006 RL

I had a p0325 code. I pulled the intake to replace the sensor. Found a cut wire. So replaced the knock sensor and the knock sensor wire. I put the whole thing back together. And the error code is still there. I reset the code with my scan tool. And the code came right back. I need some help please.
Thank you
Ryan

·
Super Moderator
5,564 Posts
Need some tech help. I have 2006 RL

I had a p0325 code. I pulled the intake to replace the sensor. Found a cut wire. So replaced the knock sensor and the knock sensor wire. I put the whole thing back together. And the error code is still there. I reset the code with my scan tool. And the code came right back. I need some help please.
Thank you
Ryan
Did you purchase an OEM Honda knock sensor or did you purchase a different brand? Also, make certain there are no loose fittings/shields around the area that the knock sensor may misinterpreting as engine noise.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,270 Posts
For the 2009-2014 (I doubt pre 2009 is different but don't know for sure) torque the new knock sensor to 23ftlbs. How did the wiring get cut? I would recheck your wiring repair (including other wires in the vicinity) and the connector to the sensor. I have found those connectors can get brittle and are also a PIA to figure out how to remove sometimes. Did yours get manhandled in the R and R process? Use OEM sensor rather than aftermarket if nothing else can be found wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wire was chewed through. Because they found a lot of leaves under the upper intake. But I replaced that whole harness as well as the sensor. No it was an aftermarket sensor. I don’t even know the brand. Everything went back together very smoothly. I’m really confused as what could’ve happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. I can now swap the knock sensor from start to finish in an hour and 45 mins.
2. Apparently my brand new aftermarket knock sensor and my ridgeline didnt get along.
3. Even though I should have read #2 I replaced my sensor with a *different aftermarket knock sensor. (duralast). This one worked fine. No error codes. So now my Christmas tree gauge console lights have gone from 5 lights to 3 lights. This fix removed the CEL (P0325) and the VTM4 light.

Problem solved...now on to the next project...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts