Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While this isn't directly related to the Ridgeline, it's related to the ongoing argument that car companies never listen to people, yada yada.

This is for people in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

I just got the following email this morning. If you're interested in participating in a paid focus group for trucks, here's your chance.

I participated in a similar truck clinic years ago. I wish I qualified this time; it's very interesting. (And getting paid to voice your opinion is nice.) If you can do it, go for it.

-----------

Dallas By Definition, an independent marketing research company in Irving, is conducting a paid research study with owners of

Model Year 2012-2016: (Purchased or Leased New)

Ford F-150
Chevy Silverado 1500
Ram 1500
GMC Sierra 1500
Toyota Tundra
Nissan Titan

We are inviting owners of these vehicles, ages 18-64, to participate in a focus group on Tuesday, June 21st through Saturday, June 25th. The session will last 1 1/2 hours, and those that participate in our study will receive $100.00 for their time and opinions.

Please call and ask about the truck study at 972-869-2366 or 1-800-336-1417 to answer a few brief questions and schedule a time.

Thank you,
Dallas By Definition

--

We are also looking for men or women ages 18-36, who currently own a 2015 or 2016 Ford Mustang. This study will be held here in Irving on Thursday, June 23rd and pays $250.00.

If you are interested, please call us at 972-869-2366 and ask for the Mustang study.

IF THESE STUDIES DO NOT DESCRIBE YOU BUT YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES OWN A TRUCK, PLEASE HAVE THEM CALL US. WE HAVE TO RECRUIT 500 TRUCK OWNERS FOR A TRUCK CLINIC.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Done this twice after buying a Subaru Forester. It was quite interesting the first time as I had no idea what to expect. My studies were self-paced with a iPad-type survey device as I gave my opinions on numerous de-badged vehicles all of the same color ext/int. I form my opinions pretty quickly and don't really need to stare at something for 10 seconds from each angle to decide if I like it or not. I can form an opinion about the dash layout from a few seconds in the seat as well.

I made my $200 in about 1 hour the second time. I wasn't asked back a 3rd time. I'm guessing their little device knew just how much time each person spent evaluating each question and if it too little, they probably thought the person was just collecting money and not really participating in the process.

·
Registered
682 Posts
ooh ooh ooh, this is the focus group to decide the new gen 2 ridgeline!

oh wait.. they didn't have one, or listen if they did.... they said "how can we make this thing the cheapest way possible and charge the most for it"

>:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
oh wait.. they didn't have one, or listen if they did.... they said "how can we make this thing the cheapest way possible and charge the most for it"
How do you know? What makes you think they didn't send invitations to people who owned both a Pilot and some other brand mid-size truck? Finding out exactly what those people wanted in their next vehicle. Being able to deduce why people didn't buy that G1. How do you know their research didn't include a plain white with tan interior de-badged G1?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts