Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the second owner of a white '12 RTL.

The paint has spots and vertical streaks over the entire vehicle and what appears to be oxidation.

When I bought it, I hand waxed it and it got a nice shine, but you could still see spots and marks at certain light and angles. I have a cheap buffer, so I figured I would try another coat of wax with the buffer. Again, no luck.

I tried some light polishing compound in a small area, no improvement.

This weekend, I got some clay bars. Followed the box direction on a small area and again, no improvement.

I am thinking of taking it to a professional detail shop to have them look at it, but kinda reluctant to spend the money if it is a lost cause.

I will try to get pictures, but as mentioned it is only noticable at certain angles so probably hard to photograph.

I know the paint on Honda's is a hot topic, but I cannot imagine all these blemishes being below the clear coat.

Anyone seen anything similar? Suggestions if the products I have tried are not working?

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Pretty unlikely it's oxidation.

Without the proper tools (and lack of photos), a pro detailer with a good reputation is the best answer. You've invested in the truck, now you need to protect that investment.

There's nothing more satisfying than a shiny truck :)

If you really want to try to correct this yourself, check out the Meguiar's forum. You can learn how to fix this yourself, with a small investment in tools and supplies.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Can you post pics ?

Oxidisation is rare, but delamination is not. Sadly delamination is a repaint.
But lets see what you have going on first. Lets not put the cart before the horse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts