Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

this morning I noticed some cracks on the paint on driver side door. It's located on the inner part near where the interior plastics parts end and painted part begins. It's not chipping off and the cracks are localized. I don't think this will rust but what do I know. Any advice? Maybe I'll watch it while it is still under warranty for corrosion.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
First of all Welcome aboard hookb4ulook! Sorry to hear about your paint issue. I don't see what I think you are describing on my truck. That is something that the dealer should be able to handle easily for you. I would not wait for signs of corrosion to appear before having them at least look at it. I good paint and body person could tell you right away if anything needs to be done. If it does, the sooner the better.
Be sure to visit the Greetings and Introductions forum. Poke around on all of the forums and threads. There is some great information posted by some really great members. Complete your profile and post some pictures of your Ridgeline.
Once again, welcome!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
hookb4ulook said:
Hello,

this morning I noticed some cracks on the paint on driver side door. It's located on the inner part near where the interior plastics parts end and painted part begins. It's not chipping off and the cracks are localized. I don't think this will rust but what do I know. Any advice? Maybe I'll watch it while it is still under warranty for corrosion.
Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the club hookb4ulook. I'd take it back to the dealer and get her fixed. Then you will be able to just enjoy the smooth ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took my RTL to the dealer yesterday for numerous items I discovered while waxing and detailing the first time. The majority of the items were paint related (5 to be exact). One of these was paint coming off at the edge of a panel. The service guy told me he had just seen a TSB on that item.
I love my truck, but I've got to say the paint job quality seems to be lacking. I also own a 2005 Acura TL, and the difference between paint jobs is like night and day.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The other day I noticed in the bright sunlight that the passenger side door post at the top looked like it was painted fiberglass, as it decended down it looked more like over spray. After a real careful inspections I could not locate the source of the overspray. (Like un-reported damage that was fixed) Anyhow I took it in for a 11k check up (had the oil & filter changed MM at 30%) the body shop decided to wipe off the over spray. OOPs they wiped off the paint. They claim it has a paint defect and want to repair it under warranty. Hummm. IT goes back on Monday for repainting. Sure hope they match the paint?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Bet they do.

The detailer removed a scratch right down to the base metal the day I purchased.

I dropped it off on Monday for paint (1/2 x 1/4") on the door with dent as well & what looked like saw mark (side of buffer).

Picked her up today & I honestly can not tell where the damage was.

Billet Silver.

I will take a really good look tomorrow, but I was on my hands & knees at the dealer, but then we don't have full sun today.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Oddjob said:
The other day I noticed in the bright sunlight that the passenger side door post at the top looked like it was painted fiberglass, as it decended down it looked more like over spray. After a real careful inspections I could not locate the source of the overspray. (Like un-reported damage that was fixed) Anyhow I took it in for a 11k check up (had the oil & filter changed MM at 30%) the body shop decided to wipe off the over spray. OOPs they wiped off the paint. They claim it has a paint defect and want to repair it under warranty. Hummm. IT goes back on Monday for repainting. Sure hope they match the paint?
OK took my RL in on Monday, noticed a few dots on the rear door and inside the jam pointed them out to the service writter. Got my rental and off I went. picked her up tonight and it is a perfect match, and there is no smell inside (paint smell that is). They had to repaint the center door post and re-clear coat the door and jam (where the dots were) I'm really pleased with the work.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts