Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda,

I have had my new Ridgeline for 2 months now and absolutely love it. This is my first Honda Product and am very impressed.

I do want to mention a couple of things that I have noticed.

1. Regarding the paint. I notice the paint on the plastic parts is very weak. Not sure if lack of undercoat is the culprit or not. When I wax, then go back to remove the product, I tend to drape a good microfiber towel over my thumb and run the end of my thumb along the cracks & crevices. On the rear sides of the vehicle, on the top of the rear bumber on each side, I now have 2 areas, one on each side, where by using the above method I now have 2-3 inch spots in the crack where I have removed the paint.

2. Regarding the Rear sliding window. Love it. great feature, BUT, I notice that if I have any water whatsoever on the roof, and I open that window, It is coming in to the passenger compartment. With other trucks I have had in the past, that was the one window I could open without having to worry about water coming in. If this window is shut, all the water on the roof just runs down all over my rear window. I think a little redesign effort could be looked into here.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You are seeing water come in the sliding rear window? I have never seen this on the Ridgeline, and the design should make it near impossible if you are moving forward. I have had that rear window open during rain storms and never got a drop on the rear seats.

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
You are seeing water come in the sliding rear window? I have never seen this on the Ridgeline, and the design should make it near impossible if you are moving forward. I have had that rear window open during rain storms and never got a drop on the rear seats.
Me too. Never had rain come in. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes,
I get it pretty bad but am still watching it. I have not thought about it during a rain to try to open the back window without having opened the rest of them.

When I get in it in the morning with a heavy dew, if I have all four other windows down and open the rear slider, the dew pours off the rooftop and quite a bit comes in the back window.

I do not have the moonroof, moonroof spoiler nor the Luggage rack. I wonder of having any of these might minimize this.

I am currently outside installing the OEM Running boards. Came in to look at the Forum to recheck how others got around the Blind Rivet Issues.

Re: the water through the window issue, With the Hurricane due, I am sure I'll see a better chance to watch the rain issue. Maybe by my having all other windows down I am creating a little suction which is the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same model and sounds like the same options and I have had the same water issue. Not major, but I like to open all the windows in the AM and will find a small 2-5" puddle on the ledge in front of the sliding window after driving for a while. Have yet to figure a solution, but I still open because I love the cool AM air before it gets too hot and humid. Thed water is definetly dew from the roof, I have not left the rear window open during rain while sitting or driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NJ-RTL said:
I have the same model and sounds like the same options and I have had the same water issue. Not major, but I like to open all the windows in the AM and will find a small 2-5" puddle on the ledge in front of the sliding window after driving for a while. Have yet to figure a solution, but I still open because I love the cool AM air before it gets too hot and humid. Thed water is definetly dew from the roof, I have not left the rear window open during rain while sitting or driving.
One strike I think I have against me is this. I work on a US BASE. Speed limits all below 35 MPH. I have to travel a good 3-4 miles at these speeds before I can open it up a bit and blow the water off the roof.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just posted a beef about the paint on another thread...

I am not a happy camper with the paint, I just washed the truck the other day and noticed a paint chip about the size of a head of a pin which is right down to the metal and is rusting....

This is on the front of the truck just over the left headlight where there is also some paint bubbles. I have only had the truck since Oct. and have done a 4500Km trip up north at Xmas time. But I have never had this type of problem in all the years (35) that I have owned Toyota's. I looks as if the paint is very thin and that the metal underneath is not primed or prepared properly. I have never seen rust start this fast.

My wife has a 2000 Corrola sitting in the drive next to my truck and she has stone chips on the front of her car.... NONE of them are rusting yet. I NEVER had rust problems with any of my Toyotas.

If this is the norm and not an isolated problem with Honda I am sad to say I will not buy another Honda.

I will see what the dealer has to say tomorrow ...

Won't hold my breath

ALfer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, when I picked up (8:30pm) my (Ridgeline RTL)truck, there was some kind of crud all over it. Salesman said it was from sitting in the lot and to bring it back and they would detail it. (Not to mention only had a half tank of gas. I thought all Hondas came with a full tank.) Brought it back next day and the prep department just washed it and told me it was overspray, nothing they could do. Went back to service who said they would send it out to the body shop for a good compounding but they couldn't do it that day. Brought it back on the day they scheduled, they gave me a loaner, three days later it was ready. Truck looked great. A week later, nice warm day up here in the Northeast, I decide to wash her. I am standing in the bed drying the roof and I notice the clearcoat has some streaks, looks like some milky two foot discolorations. Very obvious. I am upset that the dealer who so called compunded the truck didn't say anything about this. They just assumed I wouldn't notice. If I went to car washes I probably wouldn't have noticed until I was hauling something and had to stand in the bed. The dealer is an hour away. I then go back (3rd time now) and the dealer states it is a factory defect and they will repaint the roof. I have an appointment Monday. Of course they couldn't take me while I was there and give me a loaner. I don't mind the hour each way... My contention is why didn't they take care of this A. at the factory in Canada (where is quality control) B. the first or second time the dealer had the truck. C. I paid for a new truck not a repainted one. What happens in 5 years will the roof be ok. I love the Ridgeline so much I told the dealer to take it back and I would upgrade and pay the extra for the sunroof and Nav. I wasn't aware that the XM needed the sunroof. Saleguy said it has XM. Product knowledge was lacking having XM and XM ready are two differnt things. My mistake for listening to the salesguy. I have contacted Honda they have advised me that they will repaint. My question to the forum...Am I being unreasonable? 30k was for a new vehicle not a repainted one. I understand the lemon law is for mechanical but I want new not repainted. Anyone here have similar experiences or advice. Thanks for letting me vent as this Owners Club is very informative.
Chuck

·
Registered
954 Posts
I feel for your anguish on the fit and finish issue... but as the forum dictated to all new buyers... before the cash is handed over you go outside or bring it into the shop ( if raining ) and inspect each inch of the truck before you take her off the lot. My salesman even suggested we look at her before I paid for it even before I suggested it. I checked everything exterior and interior and made sure every button and switch worked.... and I mean it took 30 minutes before I was done. I looked for and found not one single scratch or chip or paint blemish...otherwise I would have returned it like a bad meal.. and waited for anther one to be brought to me....I am extremely anal when it comes to my toys....just my 2 cents.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts