Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone lost a can of white paint off of their truck on a city street and I drove through the aftermath. Actually, I thought I had missed it, and didn't realize that I didn't until several days later (since it was on the passenger side). When I realized it, the paint splash was totally dried, and not coming off easily. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to remove it without damaging the paint of my truck? I just got this beautiful Mocha Metallic 2011 RTL a year ago and it's otherwise in pristine cosmetic condition. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Seek help at a professional paint and body shop. They may be able to test, in the least obvious and very small masked-off place, a variety of chemicals or other techniques that may be successful. It's a type of 'damage' they likely see regularly.

Good Luck.

Reactions: donuteater306

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,400 Posts
I would guess that it is latex paint as oil based paints (at least for house painting) are getting harder to come by. There are plenty of latex paint removers (goof off for example) that will remove it without hurting your automotive finish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will be best to have it fixed by a professional in an auto service shop. They are capable of fixing it without making it worst.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
204 Posts
As Eurban said. Just try your goo/tar remover of choice in a small area and see how it goes. Let the affected area soak a while and then just rub off (cloth with help from a thumb nail or plastic scraper if needed). Then just wash, (polish if needed) and wax.

Looking at how little there is, it shouldn't be difficult to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts