Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ridgeline and am going to replace the stock radio with a Panasonic AVIC-X940BT

Can I use the factory sub woofer.

I got the harnesses also... Is there a lot of additional wiring I will need to do. I install laser probing systems on CNC machines so this should be in my capabilities.

Putting in Sirius, backup camera and remote volume control also.

Anybody who has felt with unit and would like to share your experiences I would appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
With a little bit of time spent going through this subforum pages, you'll find all kinds of write ups on all kinds of head units installs. Pictures and detailed electrical blueprints.
I am not sure, why you want to bother with factory sub though, as it sucks, but that's your call. I use it only as a mid range speaker supplement to custom sub.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If you have a proper Ridgeline harness then it's as simple as it can get with the color codes.:act035:
Not necessarily true. Very few aftermarket headunits (maybe zero) have an amplifier for a subwoofer. That means the OP will need a single channel amplifier to use the factory subwoofer, which does not have its own amplifier.

Should not need more the 50W for the factory sub. It was designed to work with the factory headunit, which probably supplies 35W (a guess) to the subwoofer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Totally did not read the sub part. I would upgrade that, though. Even a simple bazooka sound great. Get them at sell-out on Woot.com

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
Yes it's a pioneer. Skipping the sub for now. Where is the factory sub located.

Anybody know where the dimmer wire is?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Your factory sub will not work with your new head unit. The stock HU has an amplified 5th channel that sends power to the sub that is located behind the rear seatback on the passenger side. The Pioneer does not have this. You will need to either run a very small amplifier to power the stock sub or replace it altogether with either an amplified Bazooka tube or component amp/sub(s). You may be satisfied with the amount of bass produced by the 6.5" door speakers, but you will not get anything lower than about 90-100hz where true low bass lives. Have you replaced your door speakers with aftermarket ones? If not, have you considered just upgrading the tweeters in the dash? It's a simple and inexpensive thing to do and by far the best "bang for your buck" install you can do to improve your sound.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed a CD-SB10 + SCC1 Sirius to the unit. It comes up on the display but I get no sound. The iPod, AM and FM works... Just static on am-fm until I get the correct adaptor! I miss my Sirius! Help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called crutchfield and ordered a X950BH. Will send other stuff back to Amazon. No phone support. I'd rather pay extra and have support! Is the 950 an improved unit

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I called crutchfield and ordered a X950BH. Will send other stuff back to Amazon. No phone support. I'd rather pay extra and have support! Is the 950 an improved unit
You would have to compare specs. Should be similar, but somewhat better like most newer things.
Too bad on the support. They are usually very good, they do supply some goodies free, but maintain they will help you. Their prices are not always higher either, depends if it's a sale or not too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered from crutchfield because of support. The first one I got from Amazon. While putting the harnas together today I called Crutchfield and had a answer in 5 min.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Sorry, I misread your previous post, I missed the 'Amazon'...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I swapped the 850 for an X950. New wire harness. Brake bypass works on this one. Sirius works on this one. Light dimmer works. This unit has HD radio and traffic. Bluetooth phone issue with person on the other end hearing echoes not there. iPhone 5 charges but need a software upgrade to work according to crutchfield. Crutchfield has great phone support. I'm going to finish backup camera tomorrow. Sending the hu and Bluetooth back tomorrow. Glad I spent the extra $$. Looks like $100-$150 after I get amazon credit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts