Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a real problem, but I've never had a vehicle with an alarm before and I've accidentily pressed the panic button at least five times in the past month and a half. Anybody else do this or as usual, am I the only dimwit. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Actually, it's the latter. ;)

Maybe subconsciously you desire to draw attention to your truck, huh!!!? :D

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
No, but I did a similar thing. I reached inside the open drivers window to open the door and the alarm went off. I couldn't figure out how to shut it off. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree. There are still some features and buttons not really familiar with.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Please describe where this button is and how you turn it off. Is it one of those beeping horn alarms that wakes up the neighborhood?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it's labelled "Panic". On my wife's van, the only way I know to turn off the alarm was to start the engine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
frbear said:
I think it's labelled "Panic". On my wife's van, the only way I know to turn off the alarm was to start the engine.
Just push either of the other buttons on your key and it'll stop the honking. :)

Your right ladyridge, 101 it is. :D

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'll take the hits on RL101, no problem with that. Just realize that I came from a Ford Ranger that had none of these fancy doo-dads. :)

BTW I started the vehicle and the alarm shut off.

Speaking of nice features, it was rainy and foggy here yesterday, and I used the heated mirrors twice. I rely heavily on my side mirrors when I drive and having them clear is great. It took less than 60 seconds to clear after pushing the button.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My Accord had that panic feature, I would usualy set it off when doing the Hoky Poky in the house, I would always panic when it went off.

On my Ridge line I found a new pocket feature. I was at my sons rowing club unloading cases of soda and water our of the back of the truck, a number of people were amused when the windows would roll down a bit every time I bent over to get the next case.
Must be my highly toned and buff physique.

Or maybe its some of the other keys on my ring hitting the button.

L

·
0 Posts
It was posted on another thread but if you press the unlock button once, then hold it down the second time, you can lower the windows to what height you want or all the way down. Comes in very handy when you are at the mall and don't want to come back to hot seats. Although I live in Cleveland and I had 12 days of 70 degrees plus and sun and we got hit with 18 inches in our backyard last night. But, she pulled out of the drive effortlessly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts