Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm troubleshooting a draining battery of around 350ma on my 2006 Ridgeline RTL. I've narrowed it down to the inside fuse 7 (7.5a) circuit. I've gone through most of the items on that list and when I unplugged the three connector on the gauge cluster my amperage draw went to 19ish. I'm thinking my gauge cluster may not be going to sleep or something like this. My problem is, after looking at my Ridgeline electrical manual I'm thinking it could be something on the "B" connector plugged into the gauge cluster because connector "A" and "B" cause the issue but not on "C".

Does this sound familier to anyone? I've looked and there are similar issues across many manufactures and some have not had luck when installing a replacement cluster...I don't want to waste $500.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
dont have anything specific to add to your question, but perhaps these might have some benefit. I'd have to spend the same amount of time to catch up to where you already are.

Ive heard of at least one RL with a stuck trunk switch keeping the network alive, and I had a failed lock servo in the drivers door on 99 Odyssey also run the battery down at first then repeated locking and locking when it finally died.

good luck!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the culprit of the draw on my battery, it was the trunk release switch. As others have said on the forum, the rubber cover bound on one side which kept constant pressure on the switch and kept the circuit alive. If I didn't have such a tight garage I would've probably looked at this very early on but as odd as it sounds, working on ripping the interior apart was easier at the time. The upside to all this was was I was able to replace my interior bulbs that were burnt while everything was open.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good followup. Hopefully this helps someone else searching for this problem. I tried to use a lot of the key words to help Google. Parasitic draw, parasitic battery drain, draining battery, rubber cover in-bed trunk switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts