Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Park indicator won't illuminate

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bocutty614 
#1 ·
When I shift into park the dash light goes black and does not register any gear, I cant take the Keys out of the ignition and the steering wheel does not lock. If I giggle the shift lever while pressing the brake it sometimes will register P, if that does not work I have had to overturn the key and sometimes it frees up to park again. Any Ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owner's Club, @Frankofire!

I've moved your thread to the appropriate location and changed the title to be more descriptive of your complaint.

Your problem is likely caused by a faulty 28900-RDP-003 which is known as a "position sensor assembly", "neutral safety switch", or "transmission shift range switch".

The purpose of this switch is to tell the vehicle what physical position the shift lever is in. The information from this switch is used for many functions such as the gear position indicator, reverse lights, shift lock release solenoid, transmission control, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.