Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did not think that driving with both feet was that common. I remember our driving teacher back in high school making it very clear that doing that was a very bad habit to get in to. I have only seen it a few times in my entire driving career.

I have often been suspicious of it when following a person at normal speed but their brake lights were on too. I would think your legs and feet would get terribly tired when not being able to rest that left leg.

Oh well, good luck !

Reactions: Farther

·
Registered
154 Posts
My Grandmother drove with both feet and my Grandfather hated it, drove him crazy.
I was definitely not taught to drive with both feet, by the same Grandfather, until I got my first car, which was a standard. I wish the Ridgeline came with a manual transmission.

I can see how the E brake could get in the way of some drivers. I read about it here before I test drove the first one I looked at. I made sure to check it out then and it did not seem like it would be a problem for me. I guess I have been lucky so far and have not had an issue.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
2 foot driving used to be a cop thing. Maybe it still is some places. You don't drag the brake though, it just lets you shorten (in theory) reaction time and pull of some of the crazy Bluesmobile moves we all know and love.

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive been reading the forum for a bit, adding all the great mods people here have done. I havent been able to see if anyone has done anything with the parking brake pedal? I kick mine all the time as its way low and right in front of the foot rest. Makes no sense to me, so has anyone done anything with it or am I just destined for perma bruised shins?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I have only caught my pant leg one time on entry and don't see how I could get caught up with the pedal while seated. A hand operated parking brake wouldn't interfere with anything but maybe the center console.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have only caught my pant leg one time on entry and don't see how I could get caught up with the pedal while seated. A hand operated parking brake wouldn't interfere with anything but maybe the center console.
Its all dependent on seating postion most likely. I like to sit higher and being shorter, more forward. My foot rest a bit higher and my shin keeps bumping it. Its annoying and i only have 350 miles on my RL so far. Currently i am putting washers under the bottom bolts to tilt the mechanism upwards. Hopefully enough to reduce the annoyance factor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having had my '21 RTL for a couple weeks now, I've found the parking brake pedal placement to be unnecessarily in the way. Anyone else find themselves bumping their shin on it? I'm constantly moving my seat up/down & back/forth on my commute trying to find a sweet spot where I can move my left foot around occasionally without hitting that pedal.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline Touring
2 Posts
The placement of the Emergency Brake Pedal (EBP) is an issue. The potential is there for snagging pant cuffs and boot laces. It is occasionally bumped by many owners it seems (not just me). This is at best irritating. I think it could also be potentially dangerous while driving for some, especially if rapid maneuvering is required. It can impede access to the brake pedal in an emergency. It also provides a place to catch a shoe lace, etc. on entering or leaving the vehicle.

It's a poor design choice for Honda as they are usually top notch in this regard. Even if knocking into the EBP or catching a pant leg on it effects only 3 out of 10 owners or drivers it is an issue that could have easily been avoided.

It was not a deal killer for me, right now simply an irritant, but for others with leg ailments or injuries, or other physical attributes, it could be.

If it does become more of an issue for me I'll chop that thing shorter or off.

Hopefully Honda will correct it in future versions of the Ridegeline.
I have a Honda Ridgeline 2020...same issue. Just stupid they did not to that simple issue.

·
Registered
2021 RTL Pewter
147 Posts
I have mine for 4 mos with no issues. Not saying I like the floor location, just saying I haven’t had any issue with it. I’m 6’4” by the way

21 - 33 of 33 Posts