Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently attempted to engage my parking brake on my 2017 RTL and found the pedal to be firmly in the off position. I feel no amount of pressure would allow it to engage...it's rock solid and appears to be in a higher position than normal. Does anyone know the first things I could check to resolve this? Any photos or links would be incredibly helpful and appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disregard, I resolved it. There is a small "L shaped" bracket at the top of the pedal that triggers the "Brake On" indicator on the dash. The bracket somehow became bent allowing the pedal to release so far is goes past a bar that is designed to stop it. Once it went over the bar it had to be forced back over and the bracket had to be bent back to a 90 degree angle. I can't imagine how in the world this happened except for the release spring being so strong in opened with such force that it bent the bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.