Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains my front passenger parking sensor falses? Anyone else had the same problem? I could understand if it was covered with snow but rain?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen it once or twice, parked after rain before taking off.

If you really want to have fun, keep the sensors turned on and go through a car wash. And... It took me a minute to remember where the switch was to turn it off, but at that point I was having fun just watching/hearing it go off everywhere.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Every time it rains my front passenger parking sensor falses? Anyone else had the same problem? I could understand if it was covered with snow but rain?
I understand that some Hondas have had this issue - apparently a seal on the sensor that was leaking. I would see what the dealer says.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I only turn mine on when I need them to parallel park...they are too sensitive, IMHO, as they would start to blast in my garage as soon as I started up, to keep them on all of the time...

I did, however, drive through some gully-washers with them on and didn't have this problem, so I would go with CCSAstro's suggestion and see it that might be it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sensors are annoyingly over-sensitive and apparently they weren't very well tested, either.

I just got my new RTL-E last week. It rained today, and both of the front sensors went bonkers, squawking at every intersection when I stopped. I took it back to the dealership. They accused me of waxing the vehicle. Um, no, not in its first week. Then they spent an hour and a half with it and examined the wiring before finally admitting what I thought all along: the sensors are faulty. They're ordering in new ones, but I'm not confident that they will be any different from the ones that came on the vehicle.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Strange. I also got my RTL-E last week and was out in heavy rain yesterday and today, both on local roads and interstates. I had no issues at all with my parking sensors. No false triggering,,.

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
If they are too sensitive, I wonder what would happen if you put a little scotch tape over them. Or screen protector material. Something just enough to attenuate the signal a bit...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Damn, I didn't even know I had parking sensors until I read this thread! What the hell do they do? Obviously rain doesn't set mine off or they are not turned on. Need to read the manual.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
766 Posts
Damn, I didn't even know I had parking sensors until I read this thread! What the hell do they do? Obviously rain doesn't set mine off or they are not turned on. Need to read the manual.
Button panel, lower left by your knee.. first button. If turned on it tells you when you are close to objects (or raindrops). It is buggy, and it appears that Honda's crack engineering team leaves the sensors active at all time when this is turned on. Other companies handle it better and only engage it after Reverse is selected, then disengage above 2'sh/3'sh mph.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem the first day I drove it off the lot, then the following day too as they were both full of heavy rain. Third day was clear but I tested in my driveway with garden hose and could repeat the issue. Brought it to dealer and they cleared the codes and it has done it once in the rain since, I've had the truck for almost 4 weeks now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same. Front right sensor falses during rain. Waiting for a sure-fire fix or a TSB as I don't want to waste time at the dealer with trial and error.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My front ones give false readings sometimes when it rains and I am not moving. Usually when I start moving the stop the warning. I even got out and ran my hand over the sensor and it was basically dry. I will have dealer check it out next time I am in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
My front ones give false readings sometimes when it rains and I am not moving. Usually when I start moving the stop the warning. I even got out and ran my hand over the sensor and it was basically dry. I will have dealer check it out next time I am in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the parking sensors deactivate above a certain speed (could be wrong), so it's not necessarily that the fault disappears, the system just turns itself off.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts