Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issues on my 2017 RTL-E. It started with just rain.... then did it on a day with frost. This weekend, it happened on a sunny day. When I drive it goes away, then at stop signs and lights, it comes back on. Of course, by the time I ever get to a dealer, it has stopped and they say "nothing is wrong"... frustrating.

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 RTL-E with same issue. When I take it to the dealer, they can't find any issues. It always clears before I can get it there.

It started when it rained hard... but now it intermittently happens even a sunny day. No rhyme or reason. They re-calibrated my cameras (why????) and refuse to replace the sensors. Has anyone else actually had this issue "solved" or are other learning to grin and bear it... very frustrating.

This is on top of having my valves adjusted and my fuel injectors replaced already at less than 36,000 miles.

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happened to me twice now after hours of highway driving in rain. I would slow or stop, and one then both front parking sensors would sound. Without turning off the switch/button, problem continues even with a engine restart. Only in dry weather does the problem clear by itself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have this issue during very heavy rain with the driver's side blindspot detection sensors on the highway when there is a guardrail on the left shoulder and I'm in the left lane. Doesn't happen all the time but sporadically will light up as if a vehicle is there. Anyone seen that?

I don't have an issue with the parking sensors in rain though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was replaced under warranty, living in Oregon with the amount of rain we receive, this fix was amazing!

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
I have this issue during very heavy rain with the driver's side blindspot detection sensors on the highway when there is a guardrail on the left shoulder and I'm in the left rain. Doesn't happen all the time but sporadically will light up as if a vehicle is there. Anyone seen that?
The BLIS on my 2019 RDX would occasionally alert on the driver's side even when there was nothing around, but my Ridgelines haven't.

My 2019 Ridgeline has seen lots of rain during its first week with nothing unusual to report. The front parking sensors on my 2017 Ridgeline didn't start acting up until about a year and a half later when they'd constantly beep when wet forcing me to turn them off. The "calibration" procedure didn't work and it wasn't a feature I wanted bad enough to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
so i'm experiencing the same issues with this front drivers side parking sensor with the same symptoms. Took it to the dealer and since they could not duplicate or it did not return with an error code, they can't do anything. I explained to them that it only happens during rain or snow conditions. they told me next time to take a video or go to them while its raining and have one of the tech guys ride with me. Service guy was thinking that this is probably normal so I pointed out that if it was normal then all of the other parking sensors would go off and not just the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Parking sensor triggers when raining

Not sure if normal but my front passenger parking sensor alarms when coming to a stop while raining.

Has not done it before and just started.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ya, mine went haywire the other day!
In a rain storm, popping off right and left. So either this is a new problem or I haven't driven in rain since November 2017?
Actually now that I think about it, this winter there were a few instances but I figured it was due to LARGE snowflakes!

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
Is there any setting or software hack that will default the parking sensors to OFF so you only turn them on when you need them? Seems to me that would be a nice options... maybe in the diagnostic menu somewhere?
There's not necessarily - the parking sensors stay off if you turn them off.

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
ok, I was under the assumption they turn on by default when you get in the truck... so if you turn them off they stay off even if you leave the truck and get in the next day?
Yes - all of the optional safety and driver assist features can be turned off and will stay off (including all features of Honda Sensing along with the blind spot monitor, cross traffic alert, and front and rear parking sensors). Some newer Honda models (like the Accord and RDX I had) will turn CMBS back on each time the vehicle is restarted, but it's still a persistent setting in the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes - all of the optional safety and driver assist features can be turned off and will stay off (including all features of Honda Sensing along with the blind spot monitor, cross traffic alert, and front and rear parking sensors). Some newer Honda models (like the Accord and RDX I had) will turn CMBS back on each time the vehicle is restarted, but it's still a persistent setting in the Ridgeline.
Excellent!... that's the right way to do that IMO...

·
Registered
287 Posts
so, i cancelled my appointment with Honda for the parking sensor issue after talking to my mechanic, he has a volkswagen tiguan and his parking sensors come on during rain or snow. He says this is the 'normal' (abnormal imo) behavior. he said im wasting my time with the dealer trying to get them to fix it. Plus, Honda ran it through their system to see if it would give off any error codes but they say none came back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Add me to the list. 2017 Touring model with ~35,000 KM's. We don't get much heavy rain in Calgary, but during the last couple downpours the front sensors have been wonky. Seems strange to me because I've driven this thing through some pretty good snowstorms with zero issues, but rain screws it up. Taking it to my local dealer in the next couple weeks to get their opinion, but having gone through this thread I am not optimistic that they or Honda have a guaranteed fix.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is the Honda 'tendency' but it seems to depend on who the vehicle manufacturer uses for their sensors. My 2015 RAM 1500 never false alerted in the rain but in ice or snow, it would. The Honda seems to not have many issues in ice and snow with false alarms...

Guess it is tied to the sensitivity of each system. There is a reset procedure on the sensors that I re-published below. I've reset a couple times and it can help. I did have a sensor replaced under warranty and then I had to train the dealer techs on the procedure below (they had no idea).

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Service adviser @ my dealer - with straight face. "The sensors act like that because they are wet"..............
ME = "i don't understand, please explain"
SA = "Don't get them wet"
ME = "Are you telling me Honda designed this truck for dry weather use only"
SA = "Don't get them wet"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sadly I've had this issue for a while. Went to the dealer twice to show proof with videos and after testing nothing came up. I mentioned this to my mechanic and he's confirmed that this is the way it is. He also has these sensors on his VW Tiguan and they too turn on during rain/snow. He said I'm wasting my time with the dealer and just either turn it off when it turns on or just live it with it. There is no fix. So now, I'm more happier...lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Left Front Proximity Warning - 2017 BE w 55k miles. this warning will go off at radon times. In the beginning I thought many bugs, rain, slush, or something was triggering it. Now it's almost constantly. Almost, because I had it at the deanship for the most recent recall and oil changes. I checked it and it was on when I pulled onto the lot. They serviced it and checked and it did not come on and found no codes. They told me the technician "flashed" the sensor so that might fix it. I wasn't 5 miles down the road when it came back on. And has been randomly going off ever since so I have to leave it turned off.

I guess my next option is to leave it sounding when I drop it off for the inevitable follow up. Has this issue come up in the past. I couldn't find it here.

On a positive note. The dealer was out of loaner cars so they arranged one through Enterprise. Enterprise gave me a Ford F150 Platinum. Wow. Seat massagers! Lots of power, fantastic stereo system. I haven't owned a non-Honda car since 1994.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts