Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been having this problem for about a week and it’s only happened probably 4 times in total. My front drivers side parking sensor will sometimes randomly “detect” something and give a steady tone beep for just a second or less. There is never anything near the parking sensor so I know it’s not like a leaf or something. Like I said it’s only done it about 4 times in the whole week. So I know if I take it to the dealer it’s probably not going to pop up for them. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lots of people, they do that..............i'm guessing it was raining ?
No, had it been doing it when it was pouring down rain I would not have been concerned both days it has done it, the weather was dry all day and so was the truck. Our Explorer Sport has never done that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are the sensors clean? When I get dirt buildup or salt/magnesium from the roads, they tend to give some false warnings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the sensors clean? When I get dirt buildup or salt/magnesium from the roads, they tend to give some false warnings.
very clean, we don’t have a lot of salt on our roads here in KY but I was my truck once a week anyhow. I’m wondering, I f apply a plastic conditioner to the plastic bumper covers front and rear to include rubbing over the parking sensors. I hope this isn’t soaking into the plastic and causing false alerts? 🤔

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine did that for a couple of weeks then they stopped working altogether. I now have a continuous alert if I leave the parking assist warning enabled and it also has a "parking sensor problem" alert in the display.

I have about 3,500 miles so figured I'd have the dealer look at it when it comes up for an oil change. Until then I just left it turned off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts