Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RTS. Has anyone installed front and rear parking sensors? Recommendations? Are they worth it?

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL
59 Posts
I have looked into buying the kit to install around 400.00 at Bernadiparts.com The install instructions look like you have to take half the truck apart to install. So I may put this project on hold until maybe this summer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that is what I thought.

Saw this not sure if it is worth it. I would use it on the front. I have a cam on the back. https://fensens.com/#faq

Still thinking about.

Do not like that I have to recharge every 4 to 5 months. I would do it just seems like a pain.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Wow, $400. I would almost say maybe if it included the cross-traffic monitoring, but it doesn't. I'll level with ya, I like them, but only because they are there. If I didn't have them, the backup camera is good enough for the rear. For the front, I guess, but it doesn't tell you "much" more additional than you couldn't see. I put a WeatherTech rubber license-plate-bumper on mine, if I got too close, that is my indication. And frankly, I have ignored the sensors to the point of using said rubber bumper, so that means I didn't find the sensors all that valuable. Not trying to talk you out of it, but geez $400 for that. Will that light the dash graphic and interface with the backup camera too to show the warning lines the the trims with it have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think it's worth it. Had the rear sensors installed by the dealer. Mainly because the only accident I've ever had was backing up in a parking lot when distracted, not looking carefully, and then hitting a car that was covered in snow and illegally parked/ not parked in a parking spot. So a sensor likely would have prevented that, but how often does that sort of thing happen? I find the backup camera much more useful. Really don't need anything else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm thinking about adding front sensors. You can get a system for $100 from Tadibrothers. Doesn't seem too hard or very expensive. But, you mount the sensors in 1" holes in the bumper then route wires. How can you get inside the front bumper? Is it easy to drop it off by removing the screws?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm thinking about adding front sensors. You can get a system for $100 from Tadibrothers. Doesn't seem too hard or very expensive. But, you mount the sensors in 1" holes in the bumper then route wires. How can you get inside the front bumper? Is it easy to drop it off by removing the screws?

They offer self adhesive wireless sensors as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw wireless sensors, but didn't look too closely. Unless you can get inside the front bumper, how are you going to get power to them? I found no YouTube video on removing the Ridgeline front bumper.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I find the sensors to be invaluable on the RL G2. I can't speak for the G1, but on the G2 after 3 months of driving, I'm still struggling to accurately estimate distance to what's in front of me. In other words, I constantly think I'm further away from an object than I truly am.

The only time I ever ran into something was a metal bucket (gently) in my garage.......................literally 1 hr after purchasing the vehicle. I didn't have it turned on at that moment. Never again.

They're worth every penny IMO, but I'm guessing a 3rd party solution would be cheapest.

How can you get inside the front bumper? Is it easy to drop it off by removing the screws?

This is where you pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
after 3 months of driving, I'm still struggling to accurately estimate distance to what's in front of me. In other words, I constantly think I'm further away from an object than I truly am.
Exactly....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I saw wireless sensors, but didn't look too closely. Unless you can get inside the front bumper, how are you going to get power to them? I found no YouTube video on removing the Ridgeline front bumper.
I guess I assumed the wireless sensors worked from either a battery or RFID. Upon a second look, They really are not wireless at all (the sensors, that is). The way I understand it, the normal wired sensors plug into a small box which is where the power is distributed and data collected. This box may be placed close to a power source. It can be located anywhere apparently, in the trunk or under the hood for that matter. It then transmits wirelessly to the speaker and/or display in the truck cab.

I am considering installing this into my RTL, which doesn't have reverse sensors. I am not so much worried about the front ones, as I also have more room in front than I think. Makes it safe for me lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a YouTube video for dealer installation of the rear sensors. It’s a six hour job!

·
Registered
422 Posts
There is a YouTube video for dealer installation of the rear sensors. It’s a six hour job!
Holy crap man!! That would make professional installation very expensive, no doubt! I have to really reconsider this then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts