Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have the new part numbers, the ones listed previously (A11) are for the original fuse box. These are the new fuse boxes with the new multiplex controller for the all door unlock feature. They are available but supplies are limited at the moment. When I just ordered mine there were only 4 of them available from the regional parts distribution warehouse. You can get them for $20 from H&A, CollegeHills, your dealer and alike.

RT use part number 38200-SJC-A02
RTS & RTL use part number 38200-SJC-A12

If you're going to install it yourself see page 22-74 in the service manual. Appears Honda is going to charge for the part and install but you may be able to sweet talk your Distric Service Manager into a goodwill install.

·
Registered
237 Posts
vertrkr said:

The TSB will be released shortly, it's being written up today but takes a little while for review and dissemination into the IN network dealers access.

If you're going to install it yourself see page 22-74 in the service manual. Appears Honda is going to charge for the part and install but you may be able to sweet talk your Distric Service Manager into a goodwill install.
Yep, that's what the DM ordered!

·
Registered
237 Posts
vertrkr said:
Actually you said A11 in your post. Might want to call your guy and double check the right A12 part is coming.
You're right it is A11 and it's a fuse box for the RTS/RTL according to the postcard I have from the dealer...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
vertrkr said:
Ok, I have the new part numbers, the ones listed previously are for the original fuse box. These are the new fuse boxes with the new multiplex controller for the all door unlock feature. They are available but supplies are limited at the moment. When I just ordered mine there were only 4 of them available from the regional parts distribution warehouse. You can get them for $20 from H&A or CollegeHills and alike.

RT use part number 38200-SJC-A02

The TSB will be released shortly, it's being written up today but takes a little while for review and dissemination into the IN network dealers access.

Way to go Vertrke, this is great information. Will look into this right away.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thanks vertrkr. Now that I am armed with some information, I have to decide if I want to thump on Honda for a free fix.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm waiting to hear what my dealer says now !!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Webwader said:
Thanks vertrkr. Now that I am armed with some information, I have to decide if I want to thump on Honda for a free fix.
I have to take mine in next week (Beaverton Honda) to have the windshield cowling replaced. I'm going to see if they will replace mine free. If you want to wait Web I will let you know if I was successful.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thanks, mayfielh. I'm in no hurry. I don't get "the look" from the passenger seat. :)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Well! we have a standoff. If you have an RTS/RTL which version is it A11 or A12?

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
vertrkr - Thanks for the great info.

I'm also a little confused now on the correct RTS & RTL part #. A11 or A12 ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hmmm.... been holding off getting the creaky wheel fixed, but may have to get to the dealer now and get the wheel AND this done!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Make sure you check to see if your warranty is still good if you make the change. Honda says it will not honor module warranties if the parts are replaced. Even if your current module would go bad, it would be replaced with the old one (driver only). Just make sure you ask first. I would not want to be on the hook for any electrical issues not covered under warranty as they can be $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
dboz said:
Make sure you check to see if your warranty is still good if you make the change. Honda says it will not honor module warranties if the parts are replaced. Even if your current module would go bad, it would be replaced with the old one (driver only). Just make sure you ask first. I would not want to be on the hook for any electrical issues not covered under warranty as they can be $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!
This is some good info dboz. I would not want to do anything that would void coverage either.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just ordered the part from College Hills Honda. I used the number for the RTL in the original post. It's $20 but they highly recommend have the dealer install it. They said they had a guy try to install himself and messed a bunch of stuff up and it was costing severall hundred to fix.

On a side note, they don't have the ipod adapter in yet.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I ordered this part today from my dealership - Marysville Honda. I was able to use the ROC at their shop to find the part number for the fuse panel. They don't have an accurate cost for installation, but estimate it to be $180-$200 @ $72/hr. I do get "The Look" from the passenger side of my truck. So for me, it is worth it. The part is currently on backorder, and not expected until Mid February, at the earliest (there is not much confidence in this date, however).

Has there been any word on a TSB for this? One of the parts people at Marysville Honda also has a RL and ordered the module as well today (he's been on here, but not lately, so didn't know that there was a fix in place).

-ridgeln

·
Registered
848 Posts
My truck already unlocks my door when put in park, me like that.

Life in scary drug town, need other doors to stay looked !!! :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts