Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I ordered this part today from my dealership - Marysville Honda. I was able to use the ROC at their shop to find the part number for the fuse panel. They don't have an accurate cost for installation, but estimate it to be $180-$200 @ $72/hr. I do get "The Look" from the passenger side of my truck. So for me, it is worth it. The part is currently on backorder, and not expected until Mid February, at the earliest (there is not much confidence in this date, however).

Has there been any word on a TSB for this? One of the parts people at Marysville Honda also has a RL and ordered the module as well today (he's been on here, but not lately, so didn't know that there was a fix in place).

-ridgeln

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I sent my dealership to the ROC and pointed out that other dealerships had covered the fuse replacement under warranty, and voila! they covered mine under warranty. What a wonderful Saturday morning this was - my wife didn't complain that I wasn't letter her out of the truck! (which she has done every Sat morning since we got the truck...)

-ridgeln

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
utvnut:

I'd print out this thread and point out:
a) POST-09 made Ridgelines have this
b) The part available makes your pre-09 Ridgeline have this feature
c) I know of at least 3 (probably more, haven't gone and counted) dealerships that HAVE covered this under warranty (I paid for the part, they covered the labor using warranty, others have had all of the work & part covered)
d) Contact Honda of America and see if they can help you out
e) Check with another Honda dealership in your area (being in VA, I'd bet that there is another fairly close)

good luck - persistence on my part paid off (that, and I talked with one of the employees who also owns a RL and he had the same problem, but that shouldn't matter)

-ridgeln

1 - 3 of 3 Posts