Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Has anyone got the new part in their hands yet?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Lingered_I said:
I'm expecting one to be shipped to me today. I'll post pics of the swap out process.
Doing it yourself Lingered? Let us know if you had as much trouble as I did. Remember not to use pliers to pull the relays out, use a flat head screw driver to pry them up from the bottom.

When putting the fuse box back in I suggest to hold the top bolt in place with a long ratchet extension while you manuver the box back into place. I did not do this and never could get the top bolt back in as there's just about zero working room.

·
Registered
774 Posts
No. It's so all the doors will unlock automatically , instead of just the drivers door.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
vertrkr said:
Doing it yourself Lingered? Let us know if you had as much trouble as I did. Remember not to use pliers to pull the relays out, use a flat head screw driver to pry them up from the bottom.

When putting the fuse box back in I suggest to hold the top bolt in place with a long ratchet extension while you manuver the box back into place. I did not do this and never could get the top bolt back in as there's just about zero working room.
Thanks for the tip vertkr. Yes, this will be a self install if I ever receive the darn thing :rolleyes: I read your other post too, so will be labelling the connectors. I actually want to compare the two assemblies too to see if I can figure out what changed. While I remember, what's the sequence for selecting the all-unlock mode after I power up?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Steve Smith said:
O.k all you disgruntled owners out there, anyone have a t.s.b. reference # I can use to get the ball rolling with the dealership? I plan to contct the dealer this week on this and the worn seat fabric concerns.
Hey Steve, I didn't need a TSB, the Service Manager took one look and ordered me the seat cover. Will set up an appointment for replacement as soon as it comes in. Manager said it's covered by warranty.:)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I sent my dealership to the ROC and pointed out that other dealerships had covered the fuse replacement under warranty, and voila! they covered mine under warranty. What a wonderful Saturday morning this was - my wife didn't complain that I wasn't letter her out of the truck! (which she has done every Sat morning since we got the truck...)

-ridgeln

·
Registered
9 Posts
utvnut call american honda motors talk to them.My dealer
told me the same thing .I told them it was my money do it anyway.They did and h.a.m. send me the full amount.They were very nice.Call them and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
utvnut:

I'd print out this thread and point out:
a) POST-09 made Ridgelines have this
b) The part available makes your pre-09 Ridgeline have this feature
c) I know of at least 3 (probably more, haven't gone and counted) dealerships that HAVE covered this under warranty (I paid for the part, they covered the labor using warranty, others have had all of the work & part covered)
d) Contact Honda of America and see if they can help you out
e) Check with another Honda dealership in your area (being in VA, I'd bet that there is another fairly close)

good luck - persistence on my part paid off (that, and I talked with one of the employees who also owns a RL and he had the same problem, but that shouldn't matter)

-ridgeln

·
Registered
616 Posts
ridgeln said:
utvnut:

I'd print out this thread and point out:
a) POST-09 made Ridgelines have this
b) The part available makes your pre-09 Ridgeline have this feature
c) I know of at least 3 (probably more, haven't gone and counted) dealerships that HAVE covered this under warranty (I paid for the part, they covered the labor using warranty, others have had all of the work & part covered)
d) Contact Honda of America and see if they can help you out
e) Check with another Honda dealership in your area (being in VA, I'd bet that there is another fairly close)

good luck - persistence on my part paid off (that, and I talked with one of the employees who also owns a RL and he had the same problem, but that shouldn't matter)

-ridgeln
So far, my dealer (Penske Honda, Indianapolis) has said that they cannot cover the replacement under warranty, per American Honda. :mad: They further stated that Honda has not authorizied ANY covered replacements. I have a call in to Honda now myself, supposedly someone will call me back within 48 hours. If I wanted the run around I could have bought another GM. :mad:

·
Registered
299 Posts
So what's the deal, any RL's prior to a particular build date DO NOT have the auto unlock feature. I'm not sure what my build date is. I'll have to check tonight.

·
Registered
299 Posts
BillB said:
That's the deal. 09/05 is the cutoff.

OK, I'll check it out tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine is an 09/05 build, but it did NOT have the all-unlock feature. After finding this forum and talking with Honda, I was able to get the upgrade work done as goodwill by Honda.

Thanks ROC! :D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.