Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if someone makes an under-seat storage solution that only occupies 1/3 or 2/3 under the back seat?

I like the amount of storage under the rear, but I also don't need the entire width taken up by a storage system. For example, I'd like to keep all my tie downs and tarps in the back right 1/3rd, then keep the left side completely open so I can place storage bins that fit perfectly there.

With the current solutions I've seen from both Honda and Du-Ha, it's "all or none". Anyone know of any partial-width solutions?

I've also debated either making one myself with plywood or modifying the Du-Ha to essentially only occupy 1/3 width (cut out most of width, then "endcap" with the other end's cut-off piece).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why not put your stuff in a small duffel that will easily contain your items while leaving the rest open? It's the most flexible and likely cheapest as opposed to making some fancy 'box' that fits in some percentage of the volume.

-Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally use the Du-Ha, however I use a trunk organizer for my trunk. Amazon has all kinds of those, in all of shapes and sizes. Measure the area and see if you can locate one with roughly the same dimensions. These are soft-sided, but will work for your needs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not put your stuff in a small duffel that will easily contain your items while leaving the rest open? It's the most flexible and likely cheapest as opposed to making some fancy 'box' that fits in some percentage of the volume.

-Mike
Oh I've def considered this, I'm just curious if there's a dedicated/designed solution that's specifically for the RL, but at the same time doesn't use the entire back seat for it. The bin design is what I'd find useful.

I can use a bag, but I wanna weigh all options first.

Currently both my tie-downs (Rhino heavy duty 4pk) and my bungee pack just sit on the floor between the seat rail and the rear of the cab, though they like to slide.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for suggestions folks. After some consideration, I think I'm going to take advantage of our brand new Container Store that just opened and find something that fits just right.

The collapsible bin and IKEA bags are good ideas but I guarantee they'd drive me crazy with rattles and noises.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I found some containers at Walmart. They fit under the seats perfect. If I need to I can move them to the trunk... jump starter, tie straps, and other safety equipment. I think I paid $4 each.
I

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I found some containers at Walmart. They fit under the seats perfect. If I need to I can move them to the trunk... jump starter, tie straps, and other safety equipment.
Nice. If it were me I would have to label the contents or I would spend my time looking in the wrong container every time.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I found some containers at Walmart. They fit under the seats perfect. If I need to I can move them to the trunk... jump starter, tie straps, and other safety equipment. I think I paid $4 each.
Is this the ones you got? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-15-Qt-14-L-Latch-Box-Stadium-Blue-Case-of-10/44785809?athcpid=44785809&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS004&athguid=b4049be9-748-16e84ad5d970f5&athancid=null&athena=true&action=SignIn&rm=true

·
Registered
178 Posts
I dont think so...but they might work. i measured the space under the seat..and just walked in the store and measured until i found ones that would work...i have to pick up a few things today.. Ill see if they still have them and take a pic of the UPC code...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts