1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention... :)
I found this piece yesterday under my truck when I backed out of the garage
to wash it.
It was not there when I came home from work.
I don't really have any clue as to what it might be or if it even
came off the truck.
It was laying about where the muffler is.
Since it looks clean and new, has glue on the back side and says
clear/clair on it, I assume it came off my truck.
Any ideas from anybody? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow, it looks like the lens cap off a Nikon camera to me... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok, I think I know what happened,

Don't worry, this is expected to happen a lot. Honda has a special policy setup just for this kind of situation. This is called the 'Ridge Effect'. Honda knew it was going to happen, they just didn't want to publicize it for fear that it may intimidate buyers.

So here's what happens in the 'Ridge Effect', you're just driving along minding your own business, maybe tuning the radio, checking out your navi or just enjoying the peaceful ride. Now here's the freaky part, from out of no where, people feel inspired to check out the truck, maybe even take pictures of it. However, it's aura is so strong the poor admirers don't realize that the truck is moving and WHACK, you run em over. But wait, you didn't feel a thing?!?! That's right, smooth ride baby, all the way. You wont notice any exterior damage due to it's tough exterior. Only evidence is often 'onlooker left overs'. In this case a lens cap from the poor admirer who just wanted to take that close up of your ridge. So, if you happen to find yourself involved with the 'Ridge Effect' call 1-877-SAV-RIDG for assistance.

Disclaimer: Completely quoted from the Nation Enquirer, some facts may be stretched a bit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Ex-Tux!!! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry Northwood, I fear my joke may have started a chain-reaction.

I realize you included the lens cap for scale purposes.

The stamping on the piece looks similar to the blue/purple ink type stamping found on goods from the grocery store. Any chance the kids were playing with something in the garage and you just didn't see it when you pulled in?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew this would happen. :)
Should have used something else for size reference. :rolleyes:
How many posts is that for you shovelhd?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I don't know, the English/French markings sure imply it's a factory piece.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
668. Is that an issue? :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh no Northwood, this isn't good, my detective skills (horrible as they are) tell my you ran over a Mother/Father shopping at the grocery store. Did you ran over the kids too??? If you call fast enough maybe you can get into the Ridgeline Owners relocation program.

Ok, all joking aside it's the new Honda treasure hunt program. If you can decipher the code you win a new accessory to be launched in 2006 to commemorate the year we were supposed to buy our Ridgelines. This contest is only good for those who buy their Ridgelines in 2005 though, so keep an eye out in those garages for your game peace. If you happen to decipher the code send in your response to:

http://ithinkImspecialandIwannawinsomethingtoo.com

Ok, stepping down from the mic... :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry folks, it's been one of those long insane weeks at work. That was some needed stress relief from the goofy things management has been trying to implement around here.

If it's a manufacturing thing, I'd take it that 'clear' is a good thing. As in, this truck is all clear from defects or this part is clear, no present issues keeping it from being installed.

Now time to get outta the office and get a tall cool one. Just gotta watch out for the forces of the ridge effect :rolleyes:

It has been nice to see people turning their heads as I drive by though, that effect I like.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If you don't see any value in what I post, then set me to ignore. :)

It sure looks like it belongs on your truck. I'd crawl under mine but I'm still in work clothes.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Tux, it's been the longest, insanest week since I took this crazy job. Funny how that works. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cap from the back of a large tube of clear RTV silicone type sealer... the kind that used a ratcheting handle to dipense... could have been dropped during assembly and just rattled loose. Or could have rolled out from under something else in your garage... Just my guess

1 - 20 of 25 Posts