Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lil bit bored this morning so I have been going through the warranty information booklet where I find it interesting that new parts are warrantied for one year, but remanufactured parts are warrantied for three years, or 36,000 miles?

Bill

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
That is interesting. Maybe they don't want customers breaking things needlessly, so they can get a new part before the warranty runs out.
Warranty1.PNG

·
Registered
722 Posts
A lil bit bored this morning so I have been going through the warranty information booklet where I find it interesting that new parts are warrantied for one year, but remanufactured parts are warrantied for three years, or 36,000 miles?

Bill
Actually "new" parts are covered for 1 year from the date of purchase, or the duration of the New Vehicle Warranty, whichever is longer.

But yes, we see the seemingly paradoxical across-the-board 3/36 coverage for remanufactured parts.

Though the provision allowing use of remanufactured parts for a new car warranty repair is common (see Ford Warranty, for example), many / some folks find that intuitively 'disconcerting' - thinking a warranty repair of their new car should deserve nothing but "new" parts. Perhaps Honda's policy is just an attempt to assuage that concern?

·
Registered
175 Posts
New or remanufactured doesn’t matter to me so long as the part is warrantied.

In many instances, I prefer remanufactured as the issue that caused the part to fail in the first place has been fixed. The remanufactured part may actually be of higher quality.

Let that sink in....

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I suspect that the remanufactured parts also have better QA/QC. I've speculated on here before that if you have had major repairs done to your Ridgeline, that may be a reason to KEEP it rather than get rid of it, as you may be getting the major bugs worked out of it to where it is a very reliable vehicle now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts