Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in a head-on accident that hit on the left center of my truck and I was drivin alone with my seat belt on. I was fine my airbag did not go off. However the passenger airbag did go off. There was nothing in the front seat and the seatbelt was not connected and all of my seatbelts are still good. Does anyone have an explanation for this or ever heard of such a scenario? Does this sound like a defect or is this normal?

I found this link of a guy who caught a similar scenario on camera: http://www.pcars.us/files/ridgeline_airbag_exp3_104.wmv
My accident was of course more impact but I thought that if had hit hard enough for my passenger airbag to deploy then my driver airbag should have also deployed.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was recently in a head-on accident that hit on the left center of my truck and I was drivin alone with my seat belt on. I was fine my airbag did not go off. However the passenger airbag did go off. There was nothing in the front seat and the seatbelt was not connected and all of my seatbelts are still good. Does anyone have an explanation for this or ever heard of such a scenario? Does this sound like a defect or is this normal?

I found this link of a guy who caught a similar scenario on camera: http://www.pcars.us/files/ridgeline_airbag_exp3_104.wmv
My accident was of course more impact but I thought that if had hit hard enough for my passenger airbag to deploy then my driver airbag should have also deployed.
Where did you find that video ?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
That video is bizarre!

I'd like to know just how that happened.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That video is bizarre!

I'd like to know just how that happened.
Their was a video on youtube that had these guys going berserk on back roads worse than that and no airbags popped. I can't find the video anymore,their was a guy in the bed filming it was hilarious.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Video doesn't play for me.
:(

Can someone summarize?

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
Chip,

What are you trying to play it with? Windows Media Player works for me. So does Media Player Classic.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
dude that is insane! I was worried about the air bags not going off but i guess in this guy's case he doesn't need to worry about them NOT going off, but perhaps going off on their own lol :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts