Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 RTL with dual heater controls. No matter what temperature you set it to, the passenger side (on floor mode) blows cold air. Also when I set it to vent mode the drivers side right vent (behind the gear selector) does not blow any air. Just the left side.

Has anyone experienced this issue & what do I need to look for to fix it?

·
Administrator
16,815 Posts
I have a 2007 RTL with dual heater controls. No matter what temperature you set it to, the passenger side (on floor mode) blows cold air. Also when I set it to vent mode the drivers side right vent (behind the gear selector) does not blow any air. Just the left side.

Has anyone experienced this issue & what do I need to look for to fix it?
Your first symptom may be a defective passenger blend door actuator, HVAC control head, or wiring problem causing the blend door to be stuck in the "cold" position.

Your second symptom may be a defective driver mode door actuator, HVAC control head, or wiring problem causing the mode door to be stuck in the "floor" mode. (In the floor mode, air will still be discharged from the outer vent.)

The chances of having two different actuators go out is smaller than the chance of having a defective HVAC control head.

You need a factory service manual. It explains how to enter a diagnostic mode that may display a helpful code(s). Depending on the code and the symptoms, there are voltage checks that can be made on the various components to determine where the problem is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I will check it out or at least have some knowledge when I take it to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts