Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I purchased and installed a Peragon cover on my 2013 Sport.
On the center bed bolt, Instead of the piece of weatherstrip.
I purchased a stainless steel 1 1/2'' washer and a 1'' bolt with a cone shaped head, the same thread as the original bolt. looks a lot better
and I think it will be more weather proof.

scruffy

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How about a pic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like this idea and am going to try it with my peragon cover. I like my cover a lot!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im thinking about buying a peragon bed cover for my ridge line but I'm not sure if the rails will prevent the trunk lid from opening fully. Is that the case for you? If so how far does the lid opening?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why not paint those flat black, might make them disappear a bit... Nice idea though, I own a Peragon, and other than the minor scuffing from leaves etc getting jammed in when riding fully open I am very happy. I was thinking about coating the aluminum pieces with a thin coat of that bed liner stuff they use.... wonder if that would add tough-ness and look better too?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Why not paint those flat black, might make them disappear a bit... Nice idea though, I own a Peragon, and other than the minor scuffing from leaves etc getting jammed in when riding fully open I am very happy. I was thinking about coating the aluminum pieces with a thin coat of that bed liner stuff they use.... wonder if that would add tough-ness and look better too?
I used Bondo Restore Black on the bed of my first RL and it did a good job of blackening out the aluminum parts/bolts etc under my Peragon cover. Now I have a new RL and considering another Peragon. How does the M3 differ to the original?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good idea. The weather stripping that Paragon recommended didn't work for me. I also had initial trouble getting the cover to pop up enough to be able to lock it. Paragon worked with me to get a solution. This included a new set of ramps and changing the position of the strut mount on the cover. I highly recommend this cover. Great customer service, too. Trunk opening is limited more than I would have liked but, from what I have seen this is a problem with any cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good idea. The weather stripping that Paragon recommended didn't work for me. I also had initial trouble getting the cover to pop up enough to be able to lock it. Paragon worked with me to get a solution. This included a new set of ramps and changing the position of the strut mount on the cover. I highly recommend this cover. Great customer service, too. Trunk opening is limited more than I would have liked but, from what I have seen this is a problem with any cover.
You must be the other owner they told me about on the phone. Mine is doing the same thing right now. I have to crawl under and push up then have someone lock it. Other than that it's been a really nice cover. I thought it would be more water tight but maybe the washer thing will help and the tail gate seal. It's been cold so that is also making it stay wet longer. Seems the bedrug takes a while to dry. But the combo of the bedrug and m3 is topnotch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I made a lever arrangement out of some 2x4's. The weight of the end of the longest 2x4 was enough to push the cover up so I could lock it. It didn't take much force to get it into position.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FedX delivered mine yesterday. Can't wait to put on truck. I went with Peragon because my 9 year old OEM is a rust bucket and you can't buy just the rusty parts and another $1200 for a new one. Thanks Honda for your help!!!! not

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed a Paragon on my 2019 and am having the same issue you guys above had. The cover where the lock is doesn’t come up high enough. In fairness, I haven’t yet talked to support, I’m sure it will be great. I was just looking around to see if a solution was known. I like the 2x4 idea until I can get with support in the am.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts