Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this to let you know about the fantastic customer service that Peragon provides.

On 12/21/2017 I sent the following private message to Heath from Peragon:

I mistakenly inserted the wrong key in my cover’s lock. It pulled out with great difficulty, and now the correct key will not work. May I please purchase a new lock and key?

Thank you. You may send an invoice to me for PayPal, or I can call you with a credit card number. My paypal account and email address are <REMOVED>.

I hope you, your family, and your staff have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The following morning Heath replied as follows:

Hi Pete -

No worries! It will be our pleasure to ship you a new lock and keys at no charge tomorrow (Friday). A very Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

- Heath
I tried to object, and was told that if I insist upon paying for the lock that they will send me a PayPal invoice, but it was intentionally offered as a gift.
I purchased the Peragon Cover many months ago, and the problem was very clearly my fault. Heath still provided this at no charge, and rather than looking a gift horse in the mouth, I decided to accept his gift.

There are many companies who are happy to do business with me, but few who would be so generous with their customer service, offering to resolve my problem at their cost. I know that Peragon is a small family owned business, and I am very impressed with the way they do business.

Thank you again, Heath. To all of the ROC members who are on the fence about what Tonneau Cover to purchase, here is yet another reason to go with the Peragon. :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
284 Posts
One of the reasons I went with Peragon as a repeat customer!

They really are a rare company in these modern times. While some folks are turned off by religious references I think that this, from the back of the manual, speaks volumes as to why they responded the way they did ....

Dear Customer -

Congratulations on your purchase of a Peragon cover! This product has been engineered to
provide you with years of reliable use and convenience. While we have made every effort to
insure that your ownership experience will be trouble-free, we encourage you to let us know if
you experience any difficulty. Your satisfaction is our priority, and your feedback allows us to
improve our products and service.

As an owner of a Peragon cover you have become part of a dream that began when we sat
down with a blank sheet of paper and started to sketch out a design for what is now the best
truck bed cover available. Bringing Peragon from a dream to reality has been a challenge, but
we haven’t worked alone.

From the very beginning, we have been determined to make God our Senior Partner. In a crisis,
the problem is turned over to Him, and He has never failed to help us with the answer. Each bed
cover that we produce must reflect the integrity of management, including our Senior Partner. If
sometimes we fail because we are human, we find it imperative to do our utmost to make it
right. In addition to being Senior Partner, He is also our Heavenly Father and it is a great
blessing to us to have this security in these troubled times. If you are troubled or perplexed and
looking for answers, may we invite you to look to Him, for God loves you. “For God so loved the
world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.” – John 3:16

We take great pride in every Peragon cover that leaves our plant. Thank you for being a part of
our dream!

Sincerely,

The Peragon Team

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ditto on the Peragon customer service, it’s so good one has to wonder why can’t other companies give a damn about their customers, is it that hard? So I put Peragon on a couple of weeks ago and could not get it to lock unless I crawled in there and pushed up on it. The diagnosed the issue and sent me upgraded shocks that arrived in two days. I just put them in, that problem solved. But I still couldn’t turn the lock, hmmmm. So I crawled back in there and verified that the deadbolts driven by the lock were engaging properly now and I could tell it was stifness in the lock so I manipulated in and out by hand 5-10 times and now it seems smooth and operating normal. My conclusion is that the lock being new was “stiff” and needed to be operated some in order to ”break-in“ a little.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Heath was outstanding to deal with in my purchase. Can’t recommend him and his company more. Great product and some of the best customer service I have experienced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
YES! Great customer service. I also had a problem where the panel would not go up far enough for the bolt to engage. After speaking with tech support they send me new gas springs (35lbs of force where the originals were only 15lbs). Problem solved! My only regret was waiting so long before I called them. I guess was dreading a runaround but that was not the case. Excellent Service!

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES! Great customer service. I also had a problem where the panel would not go up far enough for the bolt to engage. After speaking with tech support they send me new gas springs (35lbs of force where the originals were only 15lbs). Problem solved! My only regret was waiting so long before I called them. I guess was dreading a runaround but that was not the case. Excellent Service!
Do they all come with the 35lb gas springs now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do they all come with the 35lb gas springs now?
I just got mine in. Came with 17lbs gas springs. Manual says to push up from bottom and lock it for 24-48 hours for the seals. Will report back if this does not fix the slight sagging. Of course, will reach out to Peragon for the higher rates springs well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just got mine in. Came with 17lbs gas springs. Manual says to push up from bottom and lock it for 24-48 hours for the seals. Will report back if this does not fix the slight sagging. Of course, will reach out to Peragon for the higher rates springs well.
Yeah had the same issue. After a few manual pushes in the beginning it has been working as intended. Keep in mind that the higher lbs will make it harder to put back in when taking the cover in and out. When putting the gas shocks back in the more compression the more strength required to collapse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah had the same issue. After a few manual pushes in the beginning it has been working as intended. Keep in mind that the higher lbs will make it harder to put back in when taking the cover in and out. When putting the gas shocks back in the more compression the more strength required to collapse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been letting it sit since Sunday. Been cold outside, and I've been lazy. I'll get around to testing it out again. Hoping the 17 lbs work. I'm not big on returns/exchanges or that sort.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been letting it sit since Sunday. Been cold outside, and I've been lazy. I'll get around to testing it out again. Hoping the 17 lbs work. I'm not big on returns/exchanges or that sort.
I’ve installed two of these covers one on my truck came with the 35lb and my buddies came with the 17lb. It took both my cover and his about 4 days for the panels to push up fully and allow clearance for the locking rod to engage properly. They take some time to settle in all around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts