Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the easiest install. Especially for one person which it does advise to have a buddy help on the videos. The videos are better than the instructions. The paper instructions miss telling you about where exactly the ramp parts mount although when finished you can see they can only go in one location. They also warn in the instructions to familiarize yourself with operation so you can install easier... That's a good tip...do that. I'm sure a little tweaking will be needed but dang it looks good.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
That looks great and thanks for sharing. If you get a chance can you take pictures of the cover closed w/ trunk open, cover open w trunk open and a lot of people would like to see the rails. Thanks and congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am interested in whether it rattles --open or closed ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mine set pretty tight so there shouldn't be any rattles. I got the double lock version so when in the closed lock position it's really solid.

Trunk opens plenty with the rails on. I'm really pleased with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
#1...that looks way better than I thought it would, especially in the body color.
#2...the trunk opens pretty damn large
#3...you have A TON of crap in that trunk! Im guessing you are a GC of some sort?

Why are there such long bolts at the bottom of the ramps? They look like they stick out WAAAAY too far.

·
Registered
926 Posts
#1...that looks way better than I thought it would, especially in the body color.
#2...the trunk opens pretty damn large
#3...you have A TON of crap in that trunk! Im guessing you are a GC of some sort?

Why are there such long bolts at the bottom of the ramps? They look like they stick out WAAAAY too far.
What he said, I have the same color truck. Not sure which color (black or matched) I would prefer. It looks great. How long was the install?

Also, is the Peragon set up so one could open it in increments and it would hold? Like half way for example, or is it an all-or-nothing type?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts

Agree with this one. That doesn't look like it makes sense. Are you certain those bolts are installed correctly?

Anyway, still looking forward to getting mine installed as well.

The trunk opens about as far as I was expecting.

Thank you for the photos.

·
Registered
285 Posts
In the installation manual it mentions you can get shorter bolts once you determine the final length if you wish. I do agree that they stick out a fair amount.

Paul

·
Registered
285 Posts
What he said, I have the same color truck. Not sure which color (black or matched) I would prefer. It looks great. How long was the install?

Also, is the Peragon set up so one could open it in increments and it would hold? Like half way for example, or is it an all-or-nothing type?
All-or-nothing.

Paul.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No drilling required.

Yeah I need to grab some shorter bolts when I get it dialed in all the way.

Ran it through the car wash today and it leaked a ton in the back. I had a small gap by the tailgate which I adjusted and it seems a lot better with no leaks now.

I don't think it's designed to be opened halfway although you can really keep the rails tight on the wheels the panels run on so it could stay at any level of opened/closed. I'd like to hear peragon's opinion of doing this.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I owned a Peragon for 12 years on my recently sold Dodge Dakota. It always had some small leakage with heavy rain. I didn't care as I am not as concerned as others about having a 100% water tight tonneau cover. The rails seal well along the sides. I always assumed the leaking was from the rubber seal on the back edge of the tonneau that compresses lightly against the tailgate. I also assume the small channels at the leading corners of the Ridgline pickup bed will be a source of water entry. In my Dakota it was not a deluge but small puddling with hard rains.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Kev- I am getting ready to do my install on Wed ....anything that you found to be needing extra effort or attention....I have watched all the install video's a couple of times and that looks pretty straight forward. I was also wondering about spray the mounting brackets with black Plasti paint....just so they wouldn't be so noticeable. Would that be a problem?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Kev- I am getting ready to do my install on Wed ....anything that you found to be needing extra effort or attention....I have watched all the install video's a couple of times and that looks pretty straight forward. I was also wondering about spray the mounting brackets with black Plasti paint....just so they wouldn't be so noticeable. Would that be a problem?
Will be doing mine on Friday. Would appreciate any tips or lessons learned.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
kev- do you remember how many washers you used? I used 6....seems like alot but that is what I needed to get the rails above the bed rails.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
The bolts on the ramp, I just cut down to 1.75 and that took care of that problem. Could have made them even shorter but haven't yet. Also, I painted black flat enamel the rail clamps so that they are not so obvious. Will post pictures tomorrow after I finish install. Didn't take to long, maybe 2 hours total time. Not very difficult.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Here are the pics from my install of the fantastic Peragon cover. Am really pleased with how it looks. I painted the ramps and cut down the bolts so all the hardware is unnoticeable. Only issue was how many washers to use....6 or 7 was what I ended up using. Kev's comments about the video's was spot on....I only referred to the printed material if I was unsure of something, otherwise refer to the video's on Peragon website.

Additionally, the side ramps which I painted, I DID NOT paint the angel ramp that brings the panels up to the rail....I didn't want paint to get on the rollers as that would make them very sticky. I simply covered them with tape prior to painting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Thats a very nice cover for the money. I do have one question and that is do you lose any space when loading up the bed in order for the cover to fold up?

1 - 20 of 263 Posts