Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bed is perfectly sized for hauling wine barrels. The lack of wheel wells and the bed width allows for a nice tight fit for 4 barrels...
(we live in central Washington state hop/wine country, and the barrels are from Columbia Crest winery in Paterson WA).

The Ridgeline has functioned both as a working truck on our farm, and also as a comfortable people transport to Seattle and Tri-Cities areas. Needs alot of washing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On a somewhat related note, I went to 3 stores shopping for various groceries yesterday. EVERYTHING fit into the trunk under the bed, including a large case of water. I'm impressed.

My bed cover will be arriving Friday possibly. Maybe a weekend install if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
644 Posts
On a somewhat related note, I went to 3 stores shopping for various groceries yesterday. EVERYTHING fit into the trunk under the bed, including a large case of water. I'm impressed.

My bed cover will be arriving Friday possibly. Maybe a weekend install if I'm lucky.
My eyes have gone crossed, maybe permanently, researching bed covers. Which one are you getting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The North Mountain.

I saw a nice one piece plastic one that had two strut shocks that LOOKED sharp, however, 800bones and only weather resistant, not water proof. Meh, I'll likely be very happy with what I got for just under 200.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have always had soft roll-ups on my trucks, as it allows full use of the bed if necessary. Also keeps things dry in the rains well. I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro for my RL BE.
What's your experience with mitigating leaks, and does the Lo Pro require removing and replacing tie downs (aka taking away tie-down points)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's your experience with mitigating leaks, and does the Lo Pro require removing and replacing tie downs (aka taking away tie-down points)?
I own a car wash (touchless automatics) and when I take my truck through there are a few drips in the very front, next to the cab. Nothing on the sides or rear. Heavy rains, no issue. Tie downs are not affected. Mounts use the existing panel mount screw for an easy install.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have always had soft roll-ups on my trucks, as it allows full use of the bed if necessary. Also keeps things dry in the rains well. I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro for my RL BE.
Thanks for your input.

This is becoming my standard question as I work through the "rocket surgery" of a tonneau cover selection :), but about how far do the Lo Pro's rails intrude into the bed space? Have they gotten in your way much? Hope to preserve as much bed width as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They enter the bed enough for the Velcro strips, but the alternative is to put them on the outside, which would be less desirable. I have not had them get in the way in any of my trucks with soft tonneaus.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Truxedo LoPro for my RL. Works great. Been through heavy rains and not a drop. Velcro strip on the top-side of rails is out of the way. $500 bucks and worth it. Rolls up and totally out of the way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts