Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
lets have a poll... how many people know what either of those are? :grin:

i see 5 things wrong, and 1 thing very wrong :nerd: :surprise:

edit: thought i found 1 more... thought 0hsix flipped the rear bumper upside down, but it's supposed to be like that

Reactions: OhSix

· Registered
2017 RTL-E
863 Posts
lets have a poll... how many people know what either of those are? :grin:

i 5 things wrong, and 1 thing very wrong :nerd: :surprise:
It looks like a Ford Ranchero (but, maybe too early to be one... modified?).

License says "Car Car"?

Rear window is not "factory".

The thing in the bed... I'm not even going to comment on.

· Registered
791 Posts
haha I dont really look that much into pictures until the comments and now I noticed. That a big machine, I understand the we have a lot of people over weight but I dont think they need a machine that big.

· Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. Had fun with these.

59 Ranchero. Old school motor analyzer in the bed. A super hi-tech machine in the days before computer control. Huge dwell, vacuum, tach, volt/impedance, combustion efficiency gauges and a super dooper CRT displaying spark level. They made up stuff just to drive the cost of the machine up. In the day, Sun and Snap On were the brands sought to impress customers with mechanic expertise. I thought the 59 and the old school tune up machine made a perfect pair.

Photo 1:
Traffic light sign
Emblems on the trunk of the car next to the 59
License plate
Name on the machine - it was too hard to pass up

Photo 2:
Name on the machine
Donna glass?
Eyes in the rear view mirror

· Registered
2,726 Posts
I was wondering if the machine was hooked up to the driver...

Reactions: OhSix and coolbob

· Registered
156 Posts
I was going to say that machine sounds like it would hurt, much less help with an automobile. lol

· Registered
5,700 Posts
You sure? Kinda looks like a '57 to me.
That would be correct (the pic above is '57).

The '58 was similar side profile to the above also, but had twin headlights I think; and the '59 tail was significantly different, with an additional "bulge" near the top of the fin.... kind of like the Galaxie 500, I believe (& also had twin headlights IIRC).

· Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sure? Kinda looks like a '57 to me.
Correct you are. 59 included a reverse light, clumsily added to the fin, directly above the tail/brake while the 57 had a much cleaner 3 function single tail light. & as dnick pointed out, 59 had dual headlights side-by-side.

After googling those two years, 57 is more pleasing to my eye. 59's seemed to be caught up in the Big 3 race to add chrome/stainless trim and cosmetic thingys - totally abandoning simplicity. The blue version in the OP photo is a sweet example of an (almost) 60 year old resto-rod. Love those angled side pipes.

One thing for sure, the Sun anal analyzer is not period correct. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.