Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with the GForce Performance chip in the Ridgeline? Even if i picked up a mile or two per gallon it might be nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Excuse the new guy this time. I just searched the forum and found the answers. It sounds like a definite no-go on the chip.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Save your money.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
I'm OK with saving money and not bother. Numerous threads on this subject but none have yet to be invented for a Ridge. I understand that it doesn't work, but can anyone explain why in today's age that someone hasn't figured this out to actually make it work?

Aren't there any that actually work for GM, Ford and Dodges? If yes, then why does it seem impossible for the RL?

Not that I want one, but just curious as to why not...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I used the jet performance tune on mine, I didn't dyno it before but with a AEM intake and custom exhaust it made 242 awhp on dynopaks which equates to about 300 at the crank.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
No one makes any aftermarket performance parts for the RL because the engineering and design funding it would take to make such products isn't worth it for the extremely small niche market of those who would like to improve performance on a low-volume Honda. There are plenty of mods out there for the J-series engines, but nothing specifically for the Ridgeline. Typically, "improving" power comes at the cost of something else whether you lose low end torque to increase hp, drop a few mpg for quicker acceleration or you mess with the A/F ratio too much that it causes too lean of a condition. Honda designed the RL to have a good balance of power, torque and fuel mileage. They had absolutely no reason to leave power or fuel mileage on the table. If you could improve your hp by 10 and fuel efficiency by 1-2mpg by simply adding a different air intake or simply electronic device, don't you think Honda would have done that from the factory?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
If you could improve your hp by 10 and fuel efficiency by 1-2mpg by simply adding a different air intake or simply electronic device, don't you think Honda would have done that from the factory?
In 2005, yes Honda would have done it. But 10 years later, you would think someone would have come up with something. I'm still curious if they actually work in other makes. It's like cop cars. Some have different gear ratios and performance chip from the factory. And this has been ongoing as long as I can remember. Maybe they should borrow the crown vic motors from Ford and put them in RLs. Just kidding, but just saying..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts