Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for more power for my 2011Ridgelinre.
Thinking about a turbo kit, if I could to fit. Or a chip. Any help out there.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Re: Smilies meanings??

Wow Guy.... you missed the mark posting on this thread (this one is about smilies). It doesn't really matter so much, except that you may not get the reads you are looking for from those who may be able to help.

I can see you're new at this, but if when you first hit "forum" you'll see multiple catagories under which you can start a new thread yourself. for instance, you could put it in the "under the hood" or "mods" section maybe? You'll be able to choose for yourself once you see the list. Just click on the subcategory you like, and then you'll see a button to "Start new thread".
Try it, you'll like it.......... Alternately, you can search for any existing threads that might exist that address your desired topic & add a new post to that existing thread.

As to your question.... there have been threads a long time ago about turbo-charging, but very few. I only remember that some Russian RL owners might have done this. Again, try the search function on the blue bar above.
But for the most part, there isn't much to be done with this motor to enhance output. The only other thing I can think of that might be significant could be the intake manifold swap some have discussed (from Acura MDX if I'm not mistaken). But I'm not sure if anyone ever really DID it or if it was just discussed.

Realistically, you're limited to cosmetic & "service parts" upgrades (trim, brakes, exhaust, tires/wheels), or maybe a 2" lift kit if you're oriented that way.

Have fun whatever you end up doing.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,885 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
WOW .... I don't know how I missed it, but I never saw that TurboRL thread before (must have been during my quiet time a while back).

What jumped out at me right away was the apparent debunking of very commonly voiced notion (an impression I have shared) that our air intake is "maxed out". Unless I read it wrong, the author claims that Dyno results from simply ditching the stock air intake resulted in 15HP increase (at the wheels measured on dyno). Did I read that wrong?

·
Super Moderator
22,885 Posts
WOW .... I don't know how I missed it, but I never saw that TurboRL thread before (must have been during my quiet time a while back).

What jumped out at me right away was the apparent debunking of very commonly voiced notion (an impression I have shared) that our air intake is "maxed out". Unless I read it wrong, the author claims that Dyno results from simply ditching the stock air intake resulted in 15HP increase (at the wheels measured on dyno). Did I read that wrong?
I haven't read it in a long time. I don't recall.

I believe these Youtube videos were all posted by Rich911s.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa75O5_VH9W8P-tO4CH8c0A

Edit: just watching those videos, I have to say that a turbo'd RL (properly done) would be an absolute sleeper and a blast to drive. ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
After three yrs of searching this forum and other Honda forums I came to the conclusion the best performance mods that are readily available are RV6 precat deletes or high flow and the RV6 j-pipe. These are the only off the shelf direct bolt ons that actually provide legitimate hp and tq gains that I have found. Most results of intakes and cat-backs yield little gains on these trucks but in conjunction with the above mods I would think they would yield better gains. There are no chips or handheld tunners that are worth a damn for the RL.

·
Super Moderator
22,885 Posts
How fast do you want to go? How much money do you have? (ymmv)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts