Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Has anyone added something that improves the performance.:|
Lotsa folks have added the VVMuzzler for improved performance.

There is not much in the way of performance mods on these newer engines. You can add aftermarket intake and exhaust to change the sound and impression, but it won't affect your performance significantly, not like on the V8 engines in the old days.

You can add an engine tuner, that can vary the throttle mapping to make the vehicle feel more powerful, but you will likely take a hit on MPG.

Best cheap fix for more power is to put it in "Sand" mode. :p

Btw, if you're serious about aftermarket mods, check out the 2016+ Pilot aftermarket, as it is the same powertrain, but better chance of finding something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Seriously now, if what you want is to improve on road performance, don't install those big, fat, heavy A/T tires weighing a ton each.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Huh? I think you mean VCMuzzler, but exactly how does this device improve performance? Its claim is to improve reliability of the engine, but does nothing for overall performance.
Yes, VCMuzzler. It doesn't improve performance, but it keeps performance from being degraded. Improves overall driving feel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The best mods that gave the best results and MPG without flashing the ECU was MDX AWD throttle body, you will have to reuse your MAP sensor though as the cannon plug will not match up. P2R (Power Rev Racing) throttle body thermal spacers, and intake manifold spacers for the main runners. Of course if you really want better response I also suggest JV6 Pre-Cat deletes so you go down to one catalytic converter VS three. Also the P2R intake manifold kit as is pictured here on my truck gave me back 3.9 MPG back (Confirmed).

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
@Bertholf , nice mods on the G1. Unfortunately the request is for a G2 from almost two years ago and @2016Slingshot' has not been around for 8 months.

Anyway. In a separate thread under the G1 performance section, Can you list the mods done to the engine and tune please? This would help much of the G1 members always looking for some performance gain. If you have a dyno shot, that would be great too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Bertholf , nice mods on the G1. Unfortunately the request is for a G2 from almost two years ago and @2016Slingshot' has not been around for 8 months.

Anyway. In a separate thread under the G1 performance section, Can you list the mods done to the engine and tune please? This would help much of the G1 members always looking for some performance gain. If you have a dyno shot, that would be great too.
Hey partner I tried to get to the G1 login but it crashes every time can you help me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Hey partner I tried to get to the G1 login but it crashes every time can you help me out

That should put you in the G1 performance section. If the mobile page is crashing, use one on the desktop or laptop. The forum is going though some updates, and not sure if that has anything to do with the mobile site having glitches.

BTW, that is a nice way to spend $650!! I am excited to hear about your experience with P2R.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I emailed Richie at RV6 a while back and he said he was developing some precat deletes etc. I keep checking back with P2R occasionally. I used a lot of p2r items on my Accord (I was actually lucky enough to nab their intake from the race Accord).

I keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I emailed Richie at RV6 a while back and he said he was developing some precat deletes etc. I keep checking back with P2R occasionally. I used a lot of p2r items on my Accord (I was actually lucky enough to nab their intake from the race Accord).

I keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
RV6 does have the pre-cat deletes for both the 1G and the 2nd G

1 - 16 of 16 Posts