Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the Philadelphia Auto Show this past weekend just to see the RidgeLine in person, and while the exterior was very appealing, I was very disappointed with the interior.

The leather looked very cheap in this model, and it was very plain jane! In the rear seats especially. The intrument panel also looked much better in pictures than it did in person. Overall, I was not impressed with the interior at all.

-Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll have to generally go along with that as well based on sitting in it at the Houston Auto Show. I really thought I was sitting in a late stage concept. The interior didn't have the refinement I'd expect of a Honda production vehicle, particularly compared to the interior of the new Odyssey minivan sitting nearby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cincy Auto Show

I agree the leather was really bad (looked cheap). Now I don't know what to do? I planned on getting the RTL with the moonroof but the fabric looks better than the leather and to get the moonroof you have to buy leather. On the bright side I thought the dash was decent even though I have heard a lot of bad reviews about the dash. The trunk was a lot bigger and nicer than I expected.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow, I completely disagree. The interior, although minimal in certain respects, is of the highest standard. Look for example, at the fit and finish, In particular, look at the door pillars. Three or four pieces of plastic converging at the same place and they meet beautifully. Everything is of the highest quality. Feel the resistance as you move the knobs; look at the various inserts in handles and compartments that you would never miss if they weren't provided; the leather is superb and I think, covers the entire seat (if not, I can't tell); the lighting, so well refined and organized. I could go on for quite a while, but go and look again. Drive one of these machines. Every day I gain more respect for what these guys at Honda have done, and at such a reasonable price, all things considered.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i'm with you RF4B Driver. I don't find the interior to be cheap at all. It is very clean and very well laid out. The switch gear works well and has a good quality feel to it. Much better than the Fords and Chevys that I have owned! The leather is just right. The center console is the best design that I have ever seen in any vehicle. The interior is not overdone and cheezy the way some vehicles are. I like it just the way that it is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Different person, different taste. I've owned many cars with leather seats and personnally think the RL leather seats are nicely done. Also the interior layout is clean and functional. What else we can ask? Of course, there are always rooms to grow. :)

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
markjahnke said:
Well, I went to the Philadelphia Auto Show this past weekend just to see the RidgeLine in person, and while the exterior was very appealing, I was very disappointed with the interior.

The leather looked very cheap in this model, and it was very plain jane! In the rear seats especially. The intrument panel also looked much better in pictures than it did in person. Overall, I was not impressed with the interior at all.

-Mark
Were you comparing the RL leather to the interior of the Austin Martin DB9? I've gotta agree "No Comparison"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts