Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help understand this phone contact or phone book business? I have a 2020 CRV and a 2018 Ridgeline. My phone is paired and Sync mode on, on both vehicles. With the CRV when I hit Phone on the infotainment monitor it goes to the next window with Speed Dial and Call History tabs. Above them is a Phone Book tab that when I hit all my contacts display alphabetically. However on the Ridgeline no such Phone Book tab appears - I cannot see a list of contacts.. Now when I plug in the iphone's lightning cable Apple Car Play enables and then I can go to a window to see my contacts. So, how come with the Ridgeline I cannot access my contacts when I'm connected by Blue Tooth but with CRV I can?

The manual says contacts are downloaded automatically when phone is paired and Sync is on, yet I don't see contacts on the Ridgeline. (note - I can say a name in my phone book and it dials fine but I do not see a Phone Book tab or a list of contacts on the Ridgeline screen).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can someone help understand this phone contact or phone book business? I have a 2020 CRV and a 2018 Ridgeline. My phone is paired and Sync mode on, on both vehicles. With the CRV when I hit Phone on the infotainment monitor it goes to the next window with Speed Dial and Call History tabs. Above them is a Phone Book tab that when I hit all my contacts display alphabetically. However on the Ridgeline no such Phone Book tab appears - I cannot see a list of contacts.. Now when I plug in the iphone's lightning cable Apple Car Play enables and then I can go to a window to see my contacts. So, how come with the Ridgeline I cannot access my contacts when I'm connected by Blue Tooth but with CRV I can?

The manual says contacts are downloaded automatically when phone is paired and Sync is on, yet I don't see contacts on the Ridgeline. (note - I can say a name in my phone book and it dials fine but I do not see a Phone Book tab or a list of contacts on the Ridgeline screen).
hit the menu for phone book

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MYSTERY SOLVED - FINALLY!

I realized today that the way to get to the Ridgeline's Phonebook is after hitting "Phone" I need to hit the button on the side of the monitor called "Menu". Whereas on the CRV you hit "Phone" and the "Phonebook" button appears on the screen.. To me that is misleading. That "Menu" button on the side could mean anything; not necessarily a function for the Phone. I only found this by accident as the manual doesn't say to hit "Menu". See pictures from Ridgeline and CRV displays attached. Is this the way it is on you guys Ridgelines? If not why do you suppose they are different for each vehicle?

RIDGELINE:

CRV:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts