Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my truck people I spoke with on the phone using the hands free system would tell me it was very clear. I thought it was clear and convenient.

However, in the last few days if someone calls me they tell me they are having trouble hearing me. I'm not a fan of talking on the phone while driving but sometimes I get calls in. If the system works well it shouldn't be distracting. Constantly trying to be heard is annoying.

I haven't been able to find a sensitivity adjustment and there's nothing blocking the area above the windshield where I assume the microphones are located.

Am I missing something or is anyone else having similar issues.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The next time the caller says they can't hear you, check the fan speed on your A/C. My wife has trouble understanding me if I have the fan in the top two bars.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I've had almost the opposite. Someone on the other end asked about a clicking noise......when my blinker was on while I was sitting at a stoplight.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm driving at least 2 hours a day and that's when I try to get all my calls in, I love bluetooth :) and I hate holding a cell phone up to my head.

Anyway, I've found that the sound is really good in the Ridgeline, but I have found in almost all vehicles, that you don't want the air blowing up in the direction of the microphone. Which I believe is part of the light cluster above the rear view. Send it down to your feet while on the phone and you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubled checked after reading the responses. It turned out that my A/C vents were directed up. I don't know what setting the fan was on. But people said they could hear very clearly on the last couple calls.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts