Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time truck/ridgeline owner & very happy so far.

That said, I'm curious where other people are mounting their phone? Because of the curvature of the dash, it doesn't seem to work well with the sticky/suction-based types of mount.

I have an iPhone 6+, which seems too heavy for the magnet-based models.

I have that empty space right climate controls, but nothing seems to be made to use that space.

What are other folks doing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the ioauto pro from proclipusa.com. Not a cheap mount but very sturdy with the magnet on the back of my case. I like where the phone is mounted, doesn't hit my hand with it on the wheel and not blocking anything too much. It's not cheap but it's worth it. I used the 2017 pilot mount and an extension plate to move it to their right about 1.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Personally, AA works so well I never need to look at the phone (and i shouldn't anyway).

·
Registered
86 Posts
iPhone 6 in big waterproof case, a magnet mount that stabs onto the lowest vent vane above the start button. Works nicely.

Got it at Walmart.

You really want a smaller phone.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
What's up with the horn shroud? Special project?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I checked it all out before deciding on the RTL over the T. My iPhone 6 is my nav, and the magnet mount puts it in the perfect spot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use the ioauto pro from proclipusa.com. Not a cheap mount but very sturdy with the magnet on the back of my case. I like where the phone is mounted, doesn't hit my hand with it on the wheel and not blocking anything too much. It's not cheap but it's worth it. I used the 2017 pilot mount and an extension plate to move it to their right about 1.5"

Does the 2017 Honda Pilot clip fit perfectly on the Ridge? Your extension plate link takes me to amazon with a kawasaki kickstand so uncertain whether that is it or linked to an incorrect item. Do you need the extension plate. I am thinking of getting the proclip and adding the iOauto Pro Magnetic Mount to attach the phone.

Lmk - thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://www.proclipusa.com/accessori...roduct/left-right-extension-plate-215183.cmsv

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...6-2017/proclip-center-mount-855198-13132.cmsv

http://www.proclipusa.com/mobile-de...netic-mount-black-710317.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

It's a perfect fit. It snapped into place and doesn't move.

I think without the extension plate a portion of the phone would be behind the steering wheel as I have the 6s plus. I bought it not sure if I would need it or not but went with it for the install.

10off for 10% off your order

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread, but that steering wheel shroud cannot possibly be anything but entirely not on correctly.

That's the way it came. It's an RTL-E. I guess the non heated ones are different?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have been trying to figure out what to do too. Best I could come up with to keep the phone out of the way is to get one of the cup holder phone holders.

Don't really want to lose a cup holder but haven't found anything else I like yet.

Iphone6+ with a big ass case btw.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's the way it came. It's an RTL-E. I guess the non heated ones are different?

Dude, if you're just kidding, and are messing w/ the shroud that's one thing... but, if you think that's the way it's supposed to be, I'd get that truck back to the dealer before you either have an air-bag incident, or an electrical issue...

'cause that ain't right, bud...
It looks like you're either missing the trim between the steering wheel and the shroud, or there's a freaky reflection off the trim, which gives the impression of exposed wiring...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Haha. It's just a reflection off the black glossy trim.
Oh crap I see it now ! :act018:

[There is a mermaid swimming in a coral reef with rays skating by.... just stare at it a little longer]

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,589 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,589 Posts
Yeah, I agree it can come close to the column shifter in the G1. But I'm just careful and value the vent mount (cooling the phone) while I charge it and nav at the same time. Of course if you don't use a case, then that might be another story as I can't image you'd want to fasten the steel plate to the back of a naked phone!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts