1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
8,121 Posts
I'm bringing two cameras and what little experience I have with point and click :eek:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
looks like 2 or 3 pictures photo stitched together to make a panorama picture. kewl

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
that's a great shot from the Element outing but I'm certain that with JP's help and the creativity of this group we'll be able to beat it. I'm bringing my Canon 20D, 3 lenses & a tripod as well as my MacBook Pro (w/Photo Shop & Aperture) for any onsite editing.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a neat shot.

Is there a grassy area around for all of us? Grass gives so much nicer photos than oil-stained pavement.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
That's a neat shot.

Is there a grassy area around for all of us? Grass gives so much nicer photos than oil-stained pavement.
This would be nice!!

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you 25 but that photo with a Ridge is impossible. The only area that you could get the Arch with a ridge is on the street directly below the Arch. Since 9/11 there is NO parking on that street at all. The Arch grounds are under federal jurisdiction and they no longer allow parking on the street. Remember the other streets around are in downtown. The parking in downtown was not designed for photography unfortunately.

We might be able to photograph each others Ridgelines on Broadway at the east end of Kienar Plaza. Its a one way street going south and we could set one person to take the shots and have everyone drive by round the plaza. That is really the only way that I can think of the get a good shot of the Arch with a ridge. From down below remember that the Arch is just over 600 feet tall plus 100 feet of stairs from the riverfront up to the arch grounds, which makes the ridge look like an ant in comparison.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
We might be able to photograph each others Ridgelines on Broadway at the east end of Kienar Plaza. Its a one way street going south and we could set one person to take the shots and have everyone drive by round the plaza. That is really the only way that I can think of the get a good shot of the Arch with a ridge.
Outstanding suggestion! Is this something that we could possibly do as we "caravan" to or from Huey's Honda on Saturday? That way those arriving on Friday would get a chance to have their RL "shot" with the arch in the background.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Outstanding suggestion! Is this something that we could possibly do as we "caravan" to or from Huey's Honda on Saturday? That way those arriving on Friday would get a chance to have their RL "shot" with the arch in the background.
Huey's is only a few minutes from the hotel where the arch is not exactly close. (I looked it up on a map)

maybe this is another great incentive to arrive for the tour of St. Louis friday morn/afternoon.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Huey's is only a few minutes from the hotel where the arch is not exactly close. (I looked it up on a map)

maybe this is another great incentive to arrive for the tour of St. Louis friday morn/afternoon.
I'm gonna be there just as fast as I can pedal! :eek: Planning to leave metro NY at oh-dark-thirty and pretty much drive straight through except for gas, food, coffee and nap stops. Hopefully I'll be there before ya'll leave on Friday.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone have video cameras? There are going to be many things that simple photos won't be enough. (demonstrations, etc.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts