Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove up to the upper Kananaskis lake a week ago and took a few photos of the my Ridge against the cold blue waters of Upper Kananaskis Lake. The park got some snow a few days before and with some subsequent freeze thaw action there were some icy sections on the paved road up to the lake. The Ridge handled like it was on rails.

Attachments

G

·
Skywalker said:
Drove up to the upper Kananaskis lake a week ago and took a few photos of the my Ridge against the cold blue waters of Upper Kananaskis Lake. The park got some snow a few days before and with some subsequent freeze thaw action there were some icy sections on the paved road up to the lake. The Ridge handled like it was on rails.
WOW Sky...beautiful shots. That middle pic should be an ad for Honda. nice work

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Sky
Absoultely beautiful pics!!!! Im from Ontario we have the inverted mountains where I live (gullys and ravines). I need to get out there one of these days!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks, Skywalker. These are fabulous. They brought back vivid memories of our recent trip. We didn't make it to that lake, but our drive through the Kananaskis on the Forestry Trunk road was one of our best days in Canada. The skies were blue and we saw many mountain sheep that day.

The snow on the peaks is beautiful, but I'm glad we got to see them naked. They are so amazing to see, with all the gnarly folds and ridges.

Please post more photos of your travels. I know you get into some wonderous territory.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Super-cool pics -- thanks for posting!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice.....................

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Truckin' said:
with all the gnarly folds and ridges.
Speaking of gnarly folds... check out this beautifull example of an anticline syncline pair. Solid rock twisted by a push from the west coast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Skywalker, gorgeous, exactly what I was referring to. The peaks just kept getting better the farther we drove.

I just went through my digital pics and confirmed what I told my husband after I showed him your photos: It was a day that we did not take photos of the truck in the beautiful scenery. I have this one pic of the truck where we stopped to eat lunch (Livingstone Falls) and one more pic of it tucked under some pine trees. The truck is dirty from the dirt road, but it would get much worse before it got washed.

This was only our second day in Canada. I'm very glad someone recommended we take this road. We took a leisurely daylong drive, but hubby was in that point A to point B mentality, so except for our lunch stop, my photos were shot through the windshield or side window. After seeing your photos I'm mad that I didn't make him pose the truck for some pics.

I decided to post them here in your thread instead of starting my own since it's the same location. I'm including a few to show the grandeur of the country for people who haven't been there --YET!

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Truckin' said:
just went through my digital pics I'm including a few to show the grandeur of the country for people who haven't been there --YET!
WOW.... great photos!!! Are you sure you aren't a geo? You have an eye for the rocks. Then again, Utah is full of beautiful rocks. I could spend a lifetime wandering around Utah, no doubt.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks. I've been an amateur photographer for several decades and strange and beautiful places on earth are some of my favorite subjects. These are a bit overexposed and need to be tweaked to look their best, but the beauty comes through.

Actually, I was a geology major for a minute during my college career. Unfortunately, I dropped out for a while and didn't have the heart to pick it up from ground zero again when I went back to finish my degree. I'm always pondering what forces made the landscape, and I don't know as much about that as I would like.

You're absolutely correct about Utah. This is a showcase for the forces of nature and geologic features. I could never be bored traveling in the red rock country. It makes my heart beat a bit faster and brings great serenity to my soul.

I am a mountain person to the core. I could never live in a flat place with no mountains in sight.

Some of the most spectacular are right up around you. I'm very pleased that we made the Canadian Rockies our destination this summer. We had a grand trip in spite of the rain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
man is anyone with me one this but roof racks look gay

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
mentallyabused said:
What a queer thing to say. I say that in the non-derogatory meaning of the word. I don't know how a roof rack can display sexual preference. To each their own.

G

·
Truckin' said:
What a queer thing to say. I say that in the non-derogatory meaning of the word. I don't know how a roof rack can display sexual preference. To each their own.
Hey Truckin'.... I think he means it looks happy!! :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
mentallyabused said:
My roof rack may appear Queer, gay or happy to you.... But my rack is functional for me as a place to strap down my canoe (green of course).:)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
mentallyabused said:

Personally, I like my roof rack for it's looks and for it's usefulness! i saw a white RL the other day without a roofrack and to me, it looked naked/bald.....but, to each their own! :p :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
;) Most of the reason I got that roof rack was for looks. I think it looks awesome, really dresses up the top. I did get it for functional reasons as well. :cool:

Reactions: J-Hill
1 - 20 of 27 Posts