Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a set of PIAA Super Plasma GT (H4) bulbs this weekend. $75 from the tirerack.com. Install was a snap, just unplug the connnector, pull off the rubber cover, and the bulb is only held in with a clip. They give off a brilliant whie light, without being blinding. They are rated for the same power consumption as OEM (60/55w), but their light output os 135w/120w. PIAA products are always top quality, hence the price.......

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
so i'm guessing that he head lights are H4's? what are the fog lights? H7's or H3 or is it one of the 9xxx series? Thinking of Hella White Extreams. or even HOEN's
http://www.hoen-usa.com/index.htm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How weird...I just installed a set of H4 GTX Super Plasmas last week! I just added the Sylvania Silverstar 3457 turn signal bulbs to complete the look. Much better looking--and the bulbs perform very well.

BTW, I bought my GTX's from eBay for $55 and the SStars from suvlights.com for $25.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bongus said:
Which vehicle did you specify to get the correct size? :cool:
If you specify the RL, there are no options as of yet for bulbs, or anything else except wheels from the tirerack. I used my previous vehicle, the Element, which also uses H4's. I just got the part # (15961) from the PIAA site.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Got a set of Ultra Bright GE Nighthawk headlamps today at Walmart for $26.84 and $4.50 for installation.
The difference between the originals and the Nighthawks is like NIGHT AND DAY.
This was the bulb that was tested in the Ridgeline and increase the illumination to 400 feet, further than any other tested. There were 3-4 name brand lights used on three different vehicles, the Ridgeline being on of them.

It really makes a difference for driving at night. I was very pleased with the results. On high beam, it is too bright to stare at, if you were coming towards the Ridgeline.:cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cajun Country Ridgeline said:
Got a set of Ultra Bright GE Nighthawk headlamps today at Walmart for $26.84 and $4.50 for installation.
The difference between the originals and the Nighthawks is like NIGHT AND DAY.
This was the bulb that was tested in the Ridgeline and increase the illumination to 400 feet, further than any other tested. There were 3-4 name brand lights used on three different vehicles, the Ridgeline being on of them.

It really makes a difference for driving at night. I was very pleased with the results. On high beam, it is too bright to stare at, if you were coming towards the Ridgeline.:cool:
I second the Night Hawk recommendation - For the $$ they are the best bet for your RL! Well worth the $27 (pair) !! The Piaa's just seem too expensive for me. Night Hawks are the best bang for the buck, Period!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where did you get the PIAA Super Plasma GT bulbs from. I have went to ever PEPBOYS in town and they dont carry them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts