Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really happy so far. I was grinning the whole way home while driving it back. I traded a 2011 Acura TSX Sportwagon. Moving up from a car seems easy. I had a GMC Sierra back in '03, and was elated to get rid of that behemoth. I think I'll be very happy with my purchase. My wife has an Acura TLX Advance. I've driven it. The RL feels like a "jacked up" version of her car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Side pic after I brought it home
very nice. If I didn't have a S10 indigo blue (same exact color?) for the last 15 years, that would be the color for me.

In the one pic, I think you dog is looking down and thinking, "Wow, look at all the room I have to lay down and sleep!"

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats! I myself have been leaning towards the blue, but I don't know how good an idea it is considering there will be two kids in the back and the blue only comes with grey interior. Can you give updates on how easily (or not) the grey leather gets dirty?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do! I had a gray leather interior of my previous Acura TL. I'm in the Air Force and another "airman" got black shoe polish on it. I was able to quickly clean it and remove the mark. As long as you condition the leather and clean it in a timely fashion, you should be fine. You can buy seat covers for the rear. The back seat has mostly hard plastics surrounding them and will be very durable if you have kids.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Side pic after I brought it home
very nice. If I didn't have a S10 indigo blue (same exact color?) for the last 15 years, that would be the color for me.

In the one pic, I think you dog is looking down and thinking, "Wow, look at all the room I have to lay down and sleep!"
My trade in was white and I thought the truck looked too "commercial" and "soft" in white. It is an easy color to keep looking good, but hard to match. The OB paint shows EVERYTHING!!!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My trade in was white and I thought the truck looked too "commercial" and "soft" in white. It is an easy color to keep looking good, but hard to match. The OB paint shows EVERYTHING!!!
it's worth it! it is a beautiful color.

and white means "commercial" to me also. White vans all over the highway, like plumber and electricians! I drive a TT and that is white. It reminds me of a refrigerator. :grin:
The white G2 I did see on the lot looked great, I just would not want to own one.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Nice truck! Dog friendly, too!

Congrats!
he had to stuff the dogs through the window to get them into the back seat, ya know, with the door barely able to open...

J/K of course. no animal was harmed in the taking of these images. calm down.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Gadget, could you take another pic of the door opening? I don't see the door in that pic which makes me think it is open way more than other G2's I have seen posted here. I am wondering if they could have already fixed that issue with a different door stop? maybe? THAT, would be great service.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,963 Posts
I'm really happy so far. I was grinning the whole way home while driving it back. I traded a 2011 Acura TSX Sportwagon. Moving up from a car seems easy. I had a GMC Sierra back in '03, and was elated to get rid of that behemoth. I think I'll be very happy with my purchase. My wife has an Acura TLX Advance. I've driven it. The RL feels like a "jacked up" version of her car.
Happy new-Ridgeline first full day!

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What was your impression of your time with the Sportwagon? I was seriously considering one of those when I settled for my 2013 RL.

thanx
It is a great car. Served me well. It was really fun to drive, comfortable, and had plenty of rear cargo space for my dogs and stuff. On the downside, it was too much fun. I drove it like a VW or BMW driver>:). My driving habits have quickly changed (improved) with the RLT-E driving aids!

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
It is a great car. Served me well. It was really fun to drive, comfortable, and had plenty of rear cargo space for my dogs and stuff. On the downside, it was too much fun. I drove it like a VW or BMW driver. My driving habits have quickly changed (improved) with the RLT-E driving aids!
I know just how you feel, before the Ridgeline I owned a 1996 Audi A4 Turbo and a 2006 Audi A4 Turbo quattro. I drove both Audis to Auburn Al, home of APR to have the ECU reprogramed to increase turbo boost. I flogged those Audis at every red light and I tested the limits of acceleration and lateral grip at every opportunity as a result I usually averaged less than 24mpg. Now I drive my RL like an old man, easing up to speed, driving at only 5mph over any posted limit and coasting a lot when possible and I'm in no rush to get where I'm going. I'm getting about 18.5mpg. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
It is a great car. Served me well. It was really fun to drive, comfortable, and had plenty of rear cargo space for my dogs and stuff. On the downside, it was too much fun. I drove it like a VW or BMW driver>:). My driving habits have quickly changed (improved) with the RLT-E driving aids!
Thanx for the feedback! Still keeping my eye out for a used one... :nerd:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts