Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love the way this truck rides. It is so smooth. The infotainment system is definitely dated but it does everything I need and actually once I tweaked the settings it sounded pretty good. The one thing I noticed is the front parking sensors do not work very well. It seems they are angled off to the sides and they can’t even pick up my garage door when I pull close to it. Does anyone else have this problem? Here is a picture of it back home in my driveway.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2023 Ridgeline RTL-E - Silver / 2018 CR-V EX-L - Silver
35 Posts
I recently received my 2023, and have the same concerns about the front sensors... I still have not heard them activate...?

That was actually a thing to research today... Timely post.

Truck looks great!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently received my 2023, and have the same concerns about the front sensors... I still have not heard them activate...?

That was actually a thing to research today... Timely post.

Truck looks great!
Thanks, Yeah I thought they weren't working also but then I noticed they only come on when something is in front at an angle from either side.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
21 Posts
I just bought an RTL-E on Saturday and know that the right/passenger side are very sensitive. I just double check the left side and its OK, no issue. BTW - I park on the left side of the garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, Yeah I thought they weren't working also but then I noticed they only come on when something is in front at an angle from either side.
I just read another thread here that goes in detail on the topic. The front sensors don't always pick up things directly in front, only on the angles...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just read another thread here that goes in detail on the topic. The front sensors don't always pick up things directly in front, only on the angles...

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
252 Posts
I absolutely love the way this truck rides. It is so smooth. The infotainment system is definitely dated but it does everything I need and actually once I tweaked the settings it sounded pretty good. The one thing I noticed is the front parking sensors do not work very well. It seems they are angled off to the sides and they can’t even pick up my garage door when I pull close to it. Does anyone else have this problem? Here is a picture of it back home in my driveway.
View attachment 430881
Great looking truck and I compliment you on your wise choice on the color - not that I'm biased or anything:).

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
252 Posts
View attachment 430881
Oh, on your parking sensor comment/question. I have to pull into my garage at a fair sharp angle, I find the left side sensor picks up the side of the garage a little late and sounds off once I think the front end is well past. Right side doesn't go off until it is almost on top of the garage right side. I use the sensors as advisory in nature:) mostly using visual cues to makes sure I am clear along with side view mirror (once the garage door side frame is in view). Probably made this clear as mud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, on your parking sensor comment/question. I have to pull into my garage at a fair sharp angle, I find the left side sensor picks up the side of the garage a little late and sounds off once I think the front end is well past. Right side doesn't go off until it is almost on top of the garage right side. I use the sensors as advisory in nature:) mostly using visual cues to makes sure I am clear along with side view mirror (once the garage door side frame is in view). Probably made this clear as mud.
Yeah I am going to have to get used to it I guess. My last vehicle was much more sensitive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great... Thanks for the link to that thread.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
21 Posts
I didn't try a center-only object but since that thread is from 4 years ago you would have expected an improvement on the center sensor by now, but to no avail. Oh well. Being new to Honda ownership I have found that Honda has several design quirks that I really don't understand why??? Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't try a center-only object but since that thread is from 4 years ago you would have expected an improvement on the center sensor by now, but to no avail. Oh well. Being new to Honda ownership I have found that Honda has several design quirks that I really don't understand why??? Here's a pic of mine.
Great looking truck... I can only find 2 sensors on the front of my truck. Both are on the front just above the turn signal light.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,830 Posts
You are all correct, Honda neglected to place a parking sensor in the center of the front grill. No alerts if you are about to hit something right in front of you. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts